Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone!

my current research question for my ia is looking at the effect of temp on lipase activity

does anyone have any ideas for what i could write in my personal engagement ? im...quite stuck :/

thanks

ReputationRep:
    hey! I'm struggling with my bio IA too D: what is your research question? I'm looking at the effect of temperature on catalase activity, which will be measured by the gas production given off by panax ginseng. may I ask what you mean by personal engagement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutibess)
    hey everyone!

my current research question for my ia is looking at the effect of temp on lipase activity

does anyone have any ideas for what i could write in my personal engagement ? im...quite stuck :/

thanks
    Check his page out it's really useful

http://www.aulyett.org/IA/Overview.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiestarninja)
    hey! I'm struggling with my bio IA too D: what is your research question? I'm looking at the effect of temperature on catalase activity, which will be measured by the gas production given off by panax ginseng. may I ask what you mean by personal engagement?
    general research q is looking at the effect of temp on lipase activity, re the specifics...im not too sure yet!
    im guessing your final IB exams are this year, and not next year? for the the science subj from 2016 exams onwards, in our IAs, we're meant to include a "personal engagement" part, where we just have like a short paragraph where we talk about why we chose the relevant topic q, etc, purpose is to show the examiner your "interest"

another diff is that for 2016 exams onwards, we're only required to do a total of 1 IA (YAY! ), however, this IA is a practice IA requested by my teacher...and the thing is, thinking about ways to make this research q personal is diff cos....this technically isnt even "my" research q, do you get me? xD

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your detailed response and omg yes, i'm taking the 2016 syllabus too!! my teacher hasn't told me anything about a section called 'personal engagement'- sounds like something i'll have to clarify! i'm not sure about the specifics either because my teacher expects an experiment that is 'out of the ordinary'- she's not going to accept anything that involves potato and catalase, or even milk and lipase :/

i switched to bio from ESS in october so i missed out on 1 practise IA and the last IA we did wasn't even a complete one.... so this is kinda like my first and last full IA??? i'm sosososo scared welp D: initially i intended to do something about peanut butter...but only because i love peanut butter. i can't see myself doing this IA seriously.

ReputationRep:
    so does anyone know how to do the personal engagement part? I'm stuck here as well!! It would be great if anyone can show me an example on how to do it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.