Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lied about past relationships to friend...? Watch

I met a girl some months ago. She asked me one day if I had a boyfriend/about my past relationships. I didn't know her that well because it was the first day we met and I've had a couple relationships but they were weird, the guys were mental and possessive, and they weren't even like relationships. I didn't want to really get into it, so I just said I've never had a boyfriend.

Now, she's friends with a guy I'm friends with a little, and I think he likes me. I'm wondering if she's told him I've never had a boyfriend..and if he asks me, I'll need to tell him the truth..

I'm not thaat close to this girl but I've known her for 7 months now and there were opportunities to tell her that I have had 3 boyfriends but they were all weird, but I just never wanted to talk about it or get any pity that they weren't normal relationships etc. I just feel kind of embarrassed to have had such weird relationships with nutter guys (one was diagnosed with schizophrenia later).

How do I explain the truth to this guy about why I even said I'd never had any bfs in the first place?

It's not a big deal tbh, but I don't want them to think I just like lying which is not true at all. I just didn't want to talk about it.

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't have done it in the first place. You lied "because you were afraid of the consequences" now you're going to face even bigger consequences by only telling the truth now.

ReputationRep:
    "I didn't say that"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I met a girl some months ago. She asked me one day if I had a boyfriend/about my past relationships. I didn't know her that well because it was the first day we met and I've had a couple relationships but they were weird, the guys were mental and possessive, and they weren't even like relationships. I didn't want to really get into it, so I just said I've never had a boyfriend.

Now, she's friends with a guy I'm friends with a little, and I think he likes me. I'm wondering if she's told him I've never had a boyfriend..and if he asks me, I'll need to tell him the truth..

I'm not thaat close to this girl but I've known her for 7 months now and there were opportunities to tell her that I have had 3 boyfriends but they were all weird, but I just never wanted to talk about it or get any pity that they weren't normal relationships etc. I just feel kind of embarrassed to have had such weird relationships with nutter guys (one was diagnosed with schizophrenia later).

How do I explain the truth to this guy about why I even said I'd never had any bfs in the first place?

It's not a big deal tbh, but I don't want them to think I just like lying which is not true at all. I just didn't want to talk about it.
    This really isn't a big deal. If she asks you, just say that you felt uncomfortable talking about it 7 months ago: true and simple.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.