Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ive recently applied for the above ST1 Public Health Training Post (North locality first choice) and I thought this might be a good place for discussion for the current round of trainees/applicants for Public Health medicine. If you have any useful information or want to chat about how things are going please post here? I'm also keen to know where people are applying to so we can get an idea of how fierce the competition is? I notice on other forums people have posted UKCAT results so maybe we can do the same for the NPHSTR Exam, incorporating the RUST Advanced Numerical Reasoning Appraisal, the Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal and Situational Judgement Tests. How is the revision going? Good luck everyone!*

ReputationRep:
    Hello Ev. I'm sitting the tests in Newcastle. Non-Med route - my background is law, although I currently work in field of criminal justice. I was attracted to the training programme through my work in offender health. Becoming rather nervous about RANRA .... Have you taken these tests before or first time?

ReputationRep:
    Hi this is my second time around. I failed last year so have been really practising the RANRA and SJT's this year. I went to Newcastle last year but it was full when I booked this time. My background is mental health nursing. I'm feeling more confident this year but know standards are v high and competitive. Good luck and feel free to keep in touch x

ReputationRep:
    I bought a RANRA test package through jobtestprep and the questions are super tough. As I haven't done this before I wonder whether they are representative? I know several trainees (first and second year) who both said that tests are challenging - but those in this package are absurd!!!! How did you find last year's? I wish you luck too!

ReputationRep:
    They reflect really well hence my constant revision. I do feel more prepared though so hopefully this will be my year. Job test prep has some fab advice for the SJT too. The Watson Glazer is also quite tricky as the questions are sometimes evasive but practice makes perfect x

ReputationRep:
    This is true. Watson Glazer is probably my strongest area as a lot of my work involves various forms of critical thinking. It has been an experience relearning maths that I haven't looked at in years.It will be good to keep in touch and share our experiences. Best wishes for Wednesday!

ReputationRep:
    I'm preparing for the 2018 entry assessment centre and the RANRA test package is super tough, I agree! I hope it's not representative

(Original post by MickyJ)
    I bought a RANRA test package through jobtestprep and the questions are super tough. As I haven't done this before I wonder whether they are representative? I know several trainees (first and second year) who both said that tests are challenging - but those in this package are absurd!!!! How did you find last year's? I wish you luck too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by batgirlspineapples)
    I'm preparing for the 2018 entry assessment centre and the RANRA test package is super tough, I agree! I hope it's not representative
    I'm in the same boat! Have you been practising the SJT? I have done a couple on jobtestprep but am unsure how representative they are, given they all seemed to be based on corporate scenarios. Also tried the foundation year medical one as I'm a non-medic and thought that might be somewhat useful!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.