The Student Room Group

What open days are people going to?

Just curious to know what unis people are going to look around.
i'm going to newcastle + reading. i'm also going on some residential thing that my college have organised with oxford that fits in with their open days. i'm staying in balliol (i'mnot even considering oxford cos they don't do my course- but college seemed to think that was a minor detail)
Does anyone have a limit on how many they're allowed to attend, my twin brother is only allowed 3- 1 this term + 2 next term. + my old school only allows 2- how stupid can you get? don't they know you can apply to 6? (someone suggested it's because they think the only ones worth visiting are oxbridge)
my school suggested we all went to at least 10!!! this was because there are so many differnt types of unis, so unless you see loads you wont actually know what you want out of a uni.

i'd try to see as many as possible if i was you.

love Katy ***
The only one I went to before making my application was Cambridge. After I'd applied and got offers, I went to 3 post-application open days (Durham, Birmingham, Sussex). Two of the places I applied to, I didn't visit, cos they were my least favourite.
i didnt go to any, surprises are good!
Reply 4
"i didnt go to any, surprises are good!"

Haha, famous last words! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending