noey123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
hey guys

i am in year 12 at the moment and i am planning to study psychology in the future. I am predicted an A for this subject, i enjoy it a lot!! i want to take this subject with me to uni but my gcse sciences were rubbish. note i want to become a psychology teacher. would my gcse sceinces affect my choice?

my other subjects are
english lit
government and politics
and sociology

i mean these subjects go good together anyway but i am worried that i am not able to do this because of my science grades

thanks in advance
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you
chazwomaq
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by noey123)
hey guys

i am in year 12 at the moment and i am planning to study psychology in the future. I am predicted an A for this subject, i enjoy it a lot!! i want to take this subject with me to uni but my gcse sciences were rubbish. note i want to become a psychology teacher. would my gcse sceinces affect my choice?

my other subjects are
english lit
government and politics
and sociology

i mean these subjects go good together anyway but i am worried that i am not able to do this because of my science grades

thanks in advance
You'll just have to check the requirements for different courses. At the uni I teach at, we demand C in Maths and English at GCSE and a certain number of UCAS points. Other GCSEs don't matter.

In general, you have two weak A-levels which may limit your choice of degrees. Some universities demand more science and maths A levels, but others do not.

Psychology degrees are scientific subjects with a lot of statistics - do you enjoy this side of academia enough to study it at uni?
noey123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by chazwomaq)
You'll just have to check the requirements for different courses. At the uni I teach at, we demand C in Maths and English at GCSE and a certain number of UCAS points. Other GCSEs don't matter.

In general, you have two weak A-levels which may limit your choice of degrees. Some universities demand more science and maths A levels, but others do not.

Psychology degrees are scientific subjects with a lot of statistics - do you enjoy this side of academia enough to study it at uni?
yeah i mean i don't mind it and do pretty much enjoy it though.
well i want to go to queen mary university of london. I have checked the requirments anyway and i seem happy with them but obviously i am not guaranteed to go there i need to have other options to and my sceince gcse grades are a big probelm. So am i more likely to be rejected than accepted by universities? also note that i have an A in Maths and English GCSE so i am fine with them. And when you say i have weak A levels which one are you talking about? thanks in advance
chazwomaq
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by noey123)
And when you say i have weak A levels which one are you talking about? thanks in advance
government and politics and sociology. Check out http://www.russellgroup.ac.uk/informed-choices/ for good advice on choosing A levels. Also remember that you apply for several universities, not just one, so you have to bear in mind many institutions' entry requirements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (0)
0%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (0)
0%
No I am happy with my choice (0)
0%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads