Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    At GCSE I received:
    A* in English Lang, English Lit, PE, Maths and French
    A in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and History
    B in Music (our teacher told we had a written section of the performance a week prior to our assessment. I was predicted an A)

My AS predicted grades are:
    A in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and French

I will be sitting my Grade 6 music theory exam this year
    I play hockey to county standard and I also play badminton

I would love to study biology at university and was wondering if I would even be considered?
    If not please leave any good university recommendations that I can check out
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucie7498)
    At GCSE I received:
    B in Music (our teacher told we had a written section of the performance a week prior to our assessment. I was predicted an A)

I would love to study biology at university and was wondering if I would even be considered?
    Thank you
    Pretty much!Work hard!
    http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...cal%20Sciences
    Check this out for more universities doing biology!
    P.S We are just giving our honest opinions!Whether you get an offer is pretty unpredictable.It depends on the admission offices not our opinions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Pretty much!Work hard!
    http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...cal%20Sciences
    Check this out for more universities doing biology!
    P.S We are just giving our honest opinions!Whether you get an offer is pretty unpredictable.It depends on the admission offices not our opinions!
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    No problems!
    Work hard and you'd be fine!

ReputationRep:
    At GCSE I received:

Thank you
    Only 1 in 5 get in so chances are you will get rejected. if you don't apply you will never know. it will be 1 out of 5 of your options. there are other good unis where your chances are better like York bath an Exeter so look at these as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swanseajack1)
    Only 1 in 5 get in so chances are you will get rejected. if you don't apply you will never know. it will be 1 out of 5 of your options. there are other good unis where your chances are better like York bath an Exeter so look at these as well
    I suppose so, I will have a look at those universities, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, potentially you could get in; however, it is very competitive as someone above said, so don't pin your hopes on it too heavily, just in case.

By the way, I don't know about the other universities you're applying to, but Oxford and Cambridge won't be interested in your extra-curricular activities (the music or the sports); their selections are made purely on academic merit.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Do well at AS, maintain a strong interest in your subject and you'll definitely have a chance. You'll have a below average number of A*s at GCSE which could be more important for Oxford than Cambridge but you ought to have a decent chance for both providing the rest of your application is good

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    it's the first time I write here, i'm Ignazio, an italian student!
    I'm 17 and next year I would like to apply to uk universities. My marks are high, I will probably pass the Italian Maturitá with 100/100cum laude or above. I wanted to apply to some top uni such as Oxford, Lse, Ucl, Warwick and King's for PPE, what do you think about it?
    I'm even head boy and did lots of other activities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibac)
    Hi guys,
    it's the first time I write here, i'm Ignazio, an italian student!
    I'm 17 and next year I would like to apply to uk universities. My marks are high, I will probably pass the Italian Maturitá with 100/100cum laude or above. I wanted to apply to some top uni such as Oxford, Lse, Ucl, Warwick and King's for PPE, what do you think about it?
    I'm even head boy and did lots of other activities
    please see my previous reply it is very difficult to get into oxford and lse. all you can do is apply and see whether you get accepted. make sure you don't apply to all the most competitive unis and have good other choices in case you get rejected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swanseajack1)
    please see my previous reply it is very difficult to get into oxford and lse. all you can do is apply and see whether you get accepted. make sure you don't apply to all the most competitive unis and have good other choices in case you get rejected
    Thanks!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.