Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my 3rd year of college (year 1&2 I did beauty therapy,now doing makeup artistry, I'm 18yrs old) and I hate it. For the past few months I've been considering dropping out but not sure how to approach my parents about it? I don't want to burden them or let them down. I was close to telling them when my mum found out my attendance was about 60% but I just broke down and didn't now how to pick up the pieces. I've also been feeling really low about myself, IMhabing trouble sleeping, I've lost my appetite, I never want to leave the house. (I've been in bed for the past week because I didn't want to go) and I feel like this is all down to college? All these thoughts and problems have started from about mid October but have got a lot worse over the past few weeks, But I feel like my parents will make up excuses for me acting like this? I've thought about it and feel like I'll be happier just working and paying my parents back for the money they spend on my kit for college, I do currently work part time and I was thinking of just doing overtime until I find something full time. So I do have a plan. Also do I just write a letter to my college to say I want to withdrawal? I just want to have enough info about everything so my parents know I'm serious about this?? I go to college in Aylesbury and I've looked on their website but there isn't anything about dropping out or who to go to? I'd rather not have to go back there to speak to anyone just the thought makes me want to jump into traffic!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.