Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My main offers are Southampton Solent, Cardiff met and Nottingham Trent. Which places have the best nightlife and just overall best student life?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I live near Cardiff and go there all the time. Honestly, it's great night out, there are loads of bars/restaurants/clubs all over the town centre. And everything is in one place, so easy to figure out where you are and where you need to go. Shopping is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! There are 2 shopping centres, a brewery quarter(has a Nandos and other food and drinking places), a high street full of shops, Mill Lane(literally just a lane of bars), and then there are clubs like Glam and Prism.
    If it's a good night out your looking for, Cardiff is your place. There's also Cardiff Bay which is like 5 minutes on the train from the town centre which has more bars, restaurants and some comedy clubs. There's the WMC for shows, there's the CIA for concerts. There's sport village which has an ice rink, a white water rafting centre etc.

I'd like to know about Southampton Solent to, I went there for a taster day, the place looked really nice tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I've known people at all 3, Cardiff seems to be the best (overall, not just for nightlife), then Nottingham Trent. Lots of people who go to Solent end up not liking it, it's looked down upon in the area (I'm in Winchester which is nearby).

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for Nottingham Trent, the university is one of the better ex-polys and Nottingham is a great uni. I've had friends at Cardiff Met and they all hated it, they loved Cardiff but apparently the uni was just terrible and unorganised.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.