The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
I literally need like 115/120 ish. I missed 2 points on 6 marker. 1 point on the coil and magnet and last question. Got 1 calculation error and 1 MC wrong. I think ive lost 15-20 marks. Which isnt good enough because i wont do amazibg in unit 5. Really wanted the A* this year. I only need an A though.
Whats your prediction for A*? I hope its 60. Last year was 62 and i dropped 5 marks in my mock in that paper and this years should he lower as it was harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did IAL, so I don't know what your paper was like (IAL was easier than all the past papers so the grade boundaries will be ridiculously high), but usually even if you lose 15-20 marks you can still come out with an A*. Unit 5 is indeed more annoying, but it also has friendlier grade boundaries, so don't worry about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
Do you need an A* in Physics? Can you still get one?

I can but the next exam is my weaker unit its inbetween step II and III exams aswell....
No I dont need it though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A* physics gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same now :lol:

I think
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Same now :lol:

I think

Yeah I think I barely got 50% in physics...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2324
Original post by Goods
Yeah I think I barely got 50% in physics...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. :lol:
Does anyone know how lenient Cambridge are with missed offers? A girl from my school missed hers and got pooled, but that was only by one mark.
Original post by MagicJigsaw
Does anyone know how lenient Cambridge are with missed offers? A girl from my school missed hers and got pooled, but that was only by one mark.

On the whole not that lenient. There are a fixed number of places, not many miss their offers. You have to be one of the best cases for being let in-those who were ill or bereaved or had an stiff offer or met it with the wrong subject etc all get consideration. But if nobody else misses their offer in your subject/college there may not be space anywhere. Missed Medicine offer places go to those with open offers first.
I have heard of people not getting in having only missed by 2 UMS. I think if you come from a disadvantage school or background they will perhaps be more willing to be lenient as more state school pupils miss their offers.

Not very. Average grades are far higher than the average offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Summer pooled to another college you mean? What subject was this for then?

There isn't any general rule how lenient they are. It would all be case by case and the situation is different every year; by how much you missed, how many other people missed and by how much, etc. etc. if you only missed by a small margin you may well be accepted by the original college you applied to or may be put to Summer Pool. Or it's also possible you'll be rejected if they have enough applicants to fill the places. But if you miss it, it's always worth contact the college straightaway to ask if they can still accept you.
(edited 8 years ago)
If i miss my physics grade hut make my step grades i can be sure i have a place right? Since most miss step and jot a level grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If i miss my physics grade hut make my step grades i can be sure i have a place right? Since most miss step and jot a level grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably. If not, you'd have a very strong summer pool case.
Anybody else finished their exams now?

I feel like there should be this great sense of relief, but I'm not feeling it! At least I get to read what I want now, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't be too sure of it. someone last year who missed their offer but made 1,1 in STEP was summerpooled and subsequently rejected..
How are exams going for everyone?
Original post by newblood
don't be too sure of it. someone last year who missed their offer but made 1,1 in STEP was summerpooled and subsequently rejected..

If I don't, oh well Init.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fanta4TheBanter
How are exams going for everyone?

I'm halfway through atm :smile: they're okay-ish I guess.
Original post by Rhetorical Hips
I'm halfway through atm :smile: they're okay-ish I guess.

Me too! 5 down 5 to go. Just really really really really want to make my offer, obviously.
Original post by Fanta4TheBanter
Me too! 5 down 5 to go. Just really really really really want to make my offer, obviously.

4 down, 7 to go for me!

F324 your worst so far? I think my worst was Physics G484 :frown:

I'm hoping we get beasts for the Unit 5s, because 2 hours is ages so timing shouldn't be a problem at all.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
4 down, 7 to go for me!

F324 your worst so far? I think my worst was Physics G484 :frown:

I'm hoping we get beasts for the Unit 5s, because 2 hours is ages so timing shouldn't be a problem at all.

F324 was a howler. Not as bad as some people have made out but yes it was very difficult. That petition is a joke. I don't know what to expect for F325. Could either be very easy or very hard. Just have to wait and see.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending