The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by Thorsas
It was very "Nice" of them! ;P

Same to you of course congrats and all, hope you enjoy the course.

Just wondering, if you're an elcor, how have you developed the ability to convey feeling in your communication and relieve yourself of the need to prefix it with the intended emotion?

Explanatory: The main issue arises in verbal communication. The Human brain creates its own tone and intonation when reading text on the Internet, so the prefix is superfluous.

Excitedly: If you see a smashed Elcor on Freshers' week, come and say hi!
Original post by Chemicalengineer
Chemical Engineering via Natural Sciences
Homerton
:3 oh em gee

Congratulations - how did you hear about it? email?
Reply 482
Original post by maya_fooks
Still hunting for other people doing PBS, anyone on this thread? :smile:

Me! Offer from Emma, A*AA!
Original post by Elcor
Explanatory: The main issue arises in verbal communication. The Human brain creates its own tone and intonation when reading text on the Internet, so the prefix is superfluous.

Excitedly: If you see a smashed Elcor on Freshers' week, come and say hi!

Hahah, perfect.
Original post by jneill
Congratulations - how did you hear about it? email?

requested email
Original post by Chemicalengineer
requested email

Cool - I've amended my spreadsheet accordingly.
College: Downing (pooled)
Course: Biological Natural Sciences
Conditions: A*A*A (I assume)
:biggrin:
Reply 487
Offer from King's College, Cambridge :biggrin: :O
Subject: Law
Offer: Conditional on 40 IB points, with 766 at Higher level
It's unreal that I can post here!
Mathematics at King's :smile:
English at Downing. Unconditional :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 490
Pembroke offer holders, join this group (don't worry, not compulsory)! :redface:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/499147136890096

Original post by Jasey
x

Original post by Necrosyrtes
x

Original post by NightStrider
x
Reply 491
I feel sad because no-one has made a Murray Edwards offer holders Facebook group because like only 10% of people actually apply direct to there and the other 90% get pooled so it's sort of like meh all girls college, but that might just be me haha. I would make the group myself, but I somehow feel like it'll jinx it so like then awkward if I don't get the grades... :colondollar::s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 492
Original post by ak24
I feel sad because no-one has made a Murray Edwards offer holders Facebook group because like only 10% of people actually apply direct to there and the other 90% get pooled so it's sort of like meh all girls college, but that might just be me haha. I would make the group myself, but I somehow feel like it'll jinx it so like then awkward if I don't get the grades... :colondollar::s-smilie::s-smilie:

I was thinking the same thing!!! Please make a group. I will gladly join :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 493
I think it might be a personal thing that i find making friends with guys so much easier and more genuine than with girls, so if you're gonna be in Fitz or Churchill hit me up haha
Original post by Elcor
Pembroke offer holders, join this group (don't worry, not compulsory)! :redface:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/499147136890096/499147636890046/?comment_id=499148046890005&notif_t=like

Don't have facebook :/
Besides, if I did, my friends would all probably blast me for joining a Cambridge group (you can't hide your groups, right?) :laugh:

Thanks for the invite though.
If today's mocks were anything to go by... Not getting into Cambridge :mmm:
Reply 496
Original post by 1www1
I was thinking the same thing!!! Please make a group. I will gladly join :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha idk but if i do make the group I'll post about it on here. I wanna get out of this sulky mood that I have after being pooled like it's so stupid because it's like still incredible to have an offer at all but yeah I just got so set on the college I applied to and I researched it so much and thought/think it's absolutely perfect, also I guess it's because i've been in a girls only school nearly all my life so it's like seriously AGAIN hahahaha
Original post by L'Evil Fish
If today's mocks were anything to go by... Not getting into Cambridge :mmm:

Start consistent work on revision a couple weeks before Easter, and you'll probably be 100% fine. Probably overkill, but it could be worth getting used to overkill, as Cambridge will be hard.

I know I'm gonna suck on my mocks, as I've done no revision at all really, but for the real ones, I'm aiming to do loads (not usually my style, but I want to get used to it).
Been pooled to Clare College to Bio Natural Sciences :smile: I know nothing about the college but I'm on the look out for other Clare's bio Nat scis :biggrin:
Reply 499
Original post by ak24
haha idk but if i do make the group I'll post about it on here. I wanna get out of this sulky mood that I have after being pooled like it's so stupid because it's like still incredible to have an offer at all but yeah I just got so set on the college I applied to and I researched it so much and thought/think it's absolutely perfect, also I guess it's because i've been in a girls only school nearly all my life so it's like seriously AGAIN hahahaha

I understand :wink: Where did you apply originally?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending