The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Is it weird to ask for feedback? Like I'd like to know how my interviews were scored so I know what it was like

Could also help do mock interviews for people then

I would want that too but not sure if I really want to know the feedback from my Russian interview haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by Mathemusician
Sorry to hijack the thread but has anyone received a letter/email from Clare for maths? Haven't heard anything yet...

My friend applied to Clare for Maths and received his decision via letter today.
I've seen a few others Clare applicants post about not receiving a decision (not necessarily for maths) so perhaps the post has just been delayed. (My friend lives in London if that helps at all!)

Sorry to hear that you have this added stress - I hope it all works out for the best!
Reply 82
Is it weird to ask for feedback? Like I'd like to know how my interviews were scored so I know what it was like

Wondering the same thing ;P

I'm also thinking about this. Would be really interesting and beneficial to know my interview scores and whatnot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SnowyGreyWolf
I would want that too but not sure if I really want to know the feedback from my Russian interview haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg Russian that's so cool
Original post by Thorsas
Wondering the same thing ;P

I think I will, what have I got to lose
Reply 85
Almost finished off an email to the admissions tutor of the college I applied to with "I hope the admissions process is runny smoothly."

They probably would have withdrawn my offer.
Reply 86

I also want to. Like, not a formal feedback letter where they spend quite a while going over it, just the scores I got in each interview. Might ask if that's possible actually. Let me know what they say to you.
Original post by Davothebigafro
You got in too yay, what college? standard offer?

Fitz, Yh standard. Think I'm gna perfect fp2 fp3 stuff fluently before I start step 3 shizzles.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rose_Wavy
I am so amazed right now! Still!
College: Christs
Course: Physical NatSci
Offer: A*A*A
I really can't believe it after my horrific interview :smile:

Bio NatSci, same college, same offer!!!! :smile:
Original post by DiddyDodd
Bio NatSci, same college, same offer!!!! :smile:

Well done! It's so exciting!, I can't quite believe it's actually happened!
Reply 90

Yeah I really wanna know! I had a test, wanna know how well I did, how well compared to others. Want to know my interview scores and why. Want to know what they thought of reference/PS. I mean I'm glad I got in and all, but I'd like to know just how close I was to failing.
Original post by muyiwaaiyenuro
Do cambridge do offer holder open days?

Not normally, although a few colleges do (e.g. my college, Murray Edwards, did - mainly I think because a lot of people are pooled here and so probably hadn't visited the college before).
Sweeeeet

I'm picking Maths B, Chemistry, Physics... And probably Biology of cells in case I wanna go into that stuff

Good module choice :wink: Just to pre-warn you, Maths B is really tough...

Cells turned out to be a really interesting module for me, and I ended up switching across to Bio modules this year - so it's definitely worth doing if you think you may be interested in Biology stuff.

(current 2nd year NatSci popping in to congratulate you all :wavey: )

I wouldn't email them now - they're still sorting out admissions stuff I believe/ planning the torture of Lent term for us lot...

I asked my DoS about my interviews once I got to Cambridge in October-ish, apparently they picked me because I was good at maths (lol).
How the **** can I post here?!!! :biggrin:

A*AA for English at Emmanuel.
Someone had better organise some kind of meetup!
Original post by paradoxicalme
How the **** can I post here?!!! :biggrin:

A*AA for English at Emmanuel.
Someone had better organise some kind of meetup!

I'm genuinely so happy for you! I remember seeing on the applicants thread all the trauma with your remark and everything :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
I'm genuinely so happy for you! I remember seeing on the applicants thread all the trauma with your remark and everything :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much, and well done to you too! :biggrin:

Living ****, that remark! Genuinely thought I didn't have a chance...If that happens again this year I'll go to the OCR offices with a flamethrower.
Original post by paradoxicalme
Thank you so much, and well done to you too! :biggrin:

Living ****, that remark! Genuinely thought I didn't have a chance...If that happens again this year I'll go to the OCR offices with a flamethrower.

Ergh essay subjects are always so risky for that but yay Cambridge!!!
Congrats everyone!!

College: Girton
Subject: English
Offer: A*AB
:biggrin:
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Ergh essay subjects are always so risky for that but yay Cambridge!!!

Yay Cambridge! :biggrin:
Original post by bradshawsl
Congrats everyone!!

College: Girton
Subject: English
Offer: A*AB
:biggrin:

Congratulations! Also, A*AB?! Either your third subject is something like Physics, or they absolutely loved you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending