The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elcor
That's a bit excessive...

How much do you do?
Original post by Elcor
That's a bit excessive...

My exams start in less than five weeks and being me I hadn't started revision until last week. Six subjects to cover and very little time to do it in.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yeah I think chemistry spec looks a bit harder!

Maybe time dilation... and that optics stuff I've never done before will throw me off but should be decent enough

I best get in now lol

This looks interesting
http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/tong/relativity.html

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1603

Those are so much better than the NST notes.

So many words lol

Newtonian mechanics bla bla definitions

Will keep this link though somewhere
Original post by ILovePancakes
My exams start in less than five weeks and being me I hadn't started revision until last week. Six subjects to cover and very little time to do it in.

Sorry if I offended! I'm just pretty sure you're working harder than you need to this early on. It can actually have more of a negative effect from stress levels/overworking. Remember you just need to meet the offer at this stage; near-100% UMS is overkill :biggrin:

Better safe than sorry though, I guess.

How much do you do?

Few hours.
Original post by Elcor
Sorry if I offended! I'm just pretty sure you're working harder than you need to this early on. It can actually have more of a negative effect from stress levels/overworking. Remember you just need to meet the offer at this stage; near-100% UMS is overkill :biggrin:

Few hours.

What does that consist of?
Original post by alow
Those are so much better than the NST notes.

Just noticed this acknowledgement - might explain why the course is good...

Acknowledgements
I inherited this course from Stephen Siklos. His excellent set of printed lecture notesform the backbone of these notes and can be found at:
http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/stcs/dynamics.html

It seems to cover a lot of ground in one term. I guess that's typical for Camb...?
So many words lol

Newtonian mechanics bla bla definitions

Will keep this link though somewhere

There's more of his stuff here:
http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/tong/teaching.html
What does that consist of?

Mainly maths exercises. I also make mind-maps for chemistry to link similar topics together in my mind, make notes on big post-its and stick them around my desk and do the odd past paper (but I'm trying not to go overboard so I have a few in the week before each exam).

Sweet thanks
Original post by Elcor
Mainly maths exercises. I also make mind-maps for chemistry to link similar topics together in my mind, make notes on big post-its and stick them around my desk and do the odd past paper (but I'm trying not to go overboard so I have a few in the week before each exam).

Ah I see! Yeah, lmao, people already done all the papers twice, it's a bit ridiculous

I feel like although I want to write out notes and revise, there's no point because it's just the same old stuff in a different format again. I suppose writing does help entrench the content into your mind though
Reply 1611
Original post by jneill
Just noticed this acknowledgement - might explain why the course is good...

It seems to cover a lot of ground in one term. I guess that's typical for Camb...?

Yeah that's a decent amount for one term, but it is for mathmos :lol:
Original post by alow
Yeah that's a decent amount for one term, but it is for mathmos :lol:

The mathmos did relativity in 4 lectures I heard...

Posted from TSR Mobile

IB?
I wish I had your work ethic..
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1614
Original post by Goods
The mathmos did relativity in 4 lectures I heard...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's... not many. It's a good thing they're generally pretty smart :lol:
Original post by Elcor

Don't be ridiculous, ofc you didn't offend :tongue: I'm not that touchy!
I do IB, so it isn't about UMS, but my offer was a point over my predicted grades :hide: so must work hard to reach it!

Original post by ShellySpielberg
IB?
I wish I had your work ethic..
Good luck!

Yesss are you too? I'm sure you'll be fine :h: main reason for so much hard work now is because of a complete lack in work ethic over the past two years :ninja:.
Don't be ridiculous, ofc you didn't offend :tongue: I'm not that touchy!
I do IB, so it isn't about UMS, but my offer was a point over my predicted grades :hide: so must work hard to reach it!

Yesss are you too? I'm sure you'll be fine :h: main reason for so much hard work now is because of a complete lack in work ethic over the past two years :ninja:.

Yep, IB as well. Just really worried I won't meet my offer :s-smilie:
What subjects did you take, if you don't mind my asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep, IB as well. Just really worried I won't meet my offer :s-smilie:
What subjects did you take, if you don't mind my asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same :cry2: what's your offer?

I do:
HL - History, English, French
SL - Maths, Physics, Geography.

What about you?
Same :cry2: what's your offer?

I do:
HL - History, English, French
SL - Maths, Physics, Geography.

What about you?

My offer: 41, 776 I have no clue what my prediction was though, so I'm really worried...

HL - Chemistry, Physics, Bio
SL - German, English, Maths
My offer: 41, 776 I have no clue what my prediction was though, so I'm really worried...

HL - Chemistry, Physics, Bio
SL - German, English, Maths

Omigosh you do three sciences at HL :eek:

I'm revising Physics SL right now and I'm struggling. I seriously admire you, I don't know how you do it!

Mine is 42 776. I'm not so concerned of the 42 as I am of the 776. I'm worried that I'll end up getting a 5 in French :s-smilie:.

Surely you could ask your school what they predicted you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending