Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    help!!!!!- If you get the grades for your firm and insurance choices, but want to go to a different uni, is there anyway of rejecting the offers & going through clearing. I know that you are supposed to withdraw & apply again the next year, but I just wanted to know if there is anyway it might be possible to change unis for this year????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by froggybum)
    help!!!!!- If you get the grades for your firm and insurance choices, but want to go to a different uni, is there anyway of rejecting the offers & going through clearing. I know that you are supposed to withdraw & apply again the next year, but I just wanted to know if there is anyway it might be possible to change unis for this year????
    Hey Froggybum,
    The other day I managed to change my firm choice by following these steps:
    1) contact Uni you would like to change to (ask permission)
    2) contact UCAS to tell them your plans
    3) ring your current 'firm' uni and give them your UCAS number. Politely ask them to contact UCAS to release you from your firm choice
    4) get your 'new' firm choice to contact UCAS and tell them its ok

The above only applies to if there is another uni on your list of 6 that you would prefer to go to - i realised I had made the wrong choice and so swapped.

I am guessing that if you want to go through clearing you should contact your firm and insurance offers and ask them to contact UCAS and release you from your places (it took me less than an hour to do and the admissions officers were more than obliging!) - all of your places will be then declined and you should be able to enter clearing (I think - not 100%)

hope this helps,
    Kat

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your help!!!!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.