Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm so lonely here already, will someone please speak to me! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've just arrived back to my room for Term 2 of Uni and already I feel very lonely. Someone please speak, I don't mind what about! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Oh bless you, are you living in halls?

When I felt lonely at uni I just used to get engrossed in some really good TV shows, is there anything you are watching at the moment?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Afternoon :hat2:

What're you studying at uni?

ReputationRep:
    Heya

ReputationRep:
    Haiii
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)

When I felt lonely at uni I just used to get engrossed in some really good TV shows, is there anything you are watching at the moment?
    That's what I often do too. What's Netflix for, eh?

Keep your mind occupied and you won't feel the loneliness so much, OP. It's when you're not busy and have too much time to think that you will start to feel anxious or lonely.

ReputationRep:

Hi! I arrived back today, we live in floors here and each have our own rooms. As everyone is usually studying we don't tend to stop and talk to each other that much, it can get a bit isolating! I don't have a TV in my room, but I might go down to the JCR and see if there is anything good on later!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Afternoon :hat2:

What're you studying at uni?
    Hi! I'm studying Law at Uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    Heya
    (Original post by Princess31)
    Haiii
    Hi!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reluire)
    That's what I often do too. What's Netflix for, eh?

Keep your mind occupied and you won't feel the loneliness so much, OP. It's when you're not busy and have too much time to think that you will start to feel anxious or lonely.
    I hope so! term starts here on Monday, so hopefully i'll be too busy with work to feel it! Last term was awful though, I constantly felt so lonely that it affected my work, I just don't want this term to be the same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DailyMailIsALiar)
    Hi! I arrived back today, we live in floors here and each have our own rooms. As everyone is usually studying we don't tend to stop and talk to each other that much, it can get a bit isolating! I don't have a TV in my room, but I might go down to the JCR and see if there is anything good on later!
    I bet you anything that the other people in their rooms studying are feeling just as lonely if you are all couped up! Everyone needs a study break so why don't you knock on some doors and suggest a mutual study break at a certain time when you would all watch one episode of a comedy or have a chat together in the kitchen or just go out and get one drink? You will also be much more productive when you get back to studying

ReputationRep:
    this will pass the time:

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~boris/dance/

ReputationRep:
    I bet you anything that the other people in their rooms studying are feeling just as lonely if you are all couped up! Everyone needs a study break so why don't you knock on some doors and suggest a mutual study break at a certain time when you would all watch one episode of a comedy or have a chat together in the kitchen or just go out and get one drink? You will also be much more productive when you get back to studying
    I'll try to! Most of the people on my floor are international students who are working all of the time, so I'm not sure if they'd take to well to being disturbed! Usually I like to take a nice walk for an hour each day to have a break from studying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    this will pass the time:

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~boris/dance/
    Thank you very much, it was very funny! Unfortunately I had my speakers turned up to full volume and now I feel slightly embarrassed!

ReputationRep:
    I'll try to! Most of the people on my floor are international students who are working all of the time, so I'm not sure if they'd take to well to being disturbed! Usually I like to take a nice walk for an hour each day to have a break from studying.
    Ahhh man! How about the floor below? Do you have a rec room with a table tennis set in or anything? Might be people hanging out there if so

ReputationRep:
    I've just arrived back to my room for Term 2 of Uni and already I feel very lonely. Someone please speak, I don't mind what about! Thank you!
    Hello I'm sorry to hear that :hugs: How are you today, got any plans to go out or anything?

ReputationRep:
    Hello - is there a society you could join?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I hope so! term starts here on Monday, so hopefully i'll be too busy with work to feel it! Last term was awful though, I constantly felt so lonely that it affected my work, I just don't want this term to be the same!
    I felt lonely during my first term too, particularly at the beginning. The important thing is just trying to be social wherever you can, even if it's with people who aren't exactly your cup of tea. And you can always come on TSR too obviously. Are you in your first year too? I think it's all about adjustment and getting used to a different way of life. Unfortunately getting comfortable in a new environment doesn't happen overnight for most people.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh man! How about the floor below? Do you have a rec room with a table tennis set in or anything? Might be people hanging out there if so
    We have a JCR with a table tennis table and a jenga set, I'll head down there tonight to see if anyone is down there! I haven't been down there much before, so i'll take a look! Thank you for the idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Hello I'm sorry to heart that :hugs: How are you today, got any plans to go out or anything?
    Hi! At the moment I've been getting ahead on some of my reading, I feel happier when I get on top of it as theres so much of it! I plan to go out for a walk around the city to get some fresh air/thinking time in about an hour and i'll visit the JCR a bit later.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.