Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKIP 2015 Manifesto watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When is it due to be released? What about the other parties?

That's if they haven't been released already

ReputationRep:
    Just curious, pro-UKIP or no?

ReputationRep:
    im guessing march

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani California)
    Just curious, pro-UKIP or no?
    Eh sort of. Not really sure what to think about who I support tbh, which is why I'm waiting for manifestos to be released

(Original post by sdotd)
    im guessing march
    Ahh but that's so far away. Any idea when they were released last general election, was it March then?

ReputationRep:
    Normally parties release their full manifesto's between February-March

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ace123)
    Normally parties release their full manifesto's between February-March
    Ah okay, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think Ukip and the Greens have pre-manifesto's floating around. The Green one was nutty and the Ukip one was basically a tad right of the Tories on everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AstroNandos)
    Eh sort of. Not really sure what to think about who I support tbh, which is why I'm waiting for manifestos to be released
    Sort of? You'd become a UKIP MP in a heartbeat!

ReputationRep:
    Here is UKIP's pre manifesto outlining some policy areas before the full manifesto is out-include summary of many topics likes NHS, EU ,tax, how to control the debt, education, foreign aid, fishing, energy, welfare, transport etc

http://www.ukip.org/policies_for_people

ReputationRep:
    Here is UKIP's pre manifesto outlining some policy areas before the full manifesto is out-include summary of many topics likes NHS, EU ,tax, how to control the debt, education, foreign aid, fishing, energy, welfare, transport etc

Beat me to it.
    Of course I am biased, but after reading each major party's policies I believe UKIP are onto a winner.

ReputationRep:

Absolutely love the repairing the economy/tax policies they have. Perfect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will2348)
    Absolutely love the repairing the economy/tax policies they have. Perfect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Flat tax ftw!

ReputationRep:
    I love that UKIP will take a backwards step in efforts to tackle real issues, like climate change, but will pull out all the stops in their quest to restore 'Britishness'... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Flat tax ftw!
    I'd hate a flat tax. The policy UKIP proposes is more progressive with a higher personal allowance and 35% between 42k and 55k.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd hate a flat tax. The policy UKIP proposes is more progressive with a higher personal allowance and 35% between 42k and 55k.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why?

Oh, that doesn't sound as good.

The 35% still includes NI right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Why?

Oh, that doesn't sound as good.

The 35% still includes NI right?
    I'm no tax expert so have no idea but it's suppose to be a cut on the current rate to ease the squeezed middle class which is 40% currently right because of fiscal drag etc.

I just want to see lower taxes in general, not a flat tax, haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm no tax expert so have no idea but it's suppose to be a cut on the current rate to ease the squeezed middle class which is 40% currently right.

I just want to see lower taxes in general, not a flat tax, haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well its currently 42% with NI as well.

In the 2010 manifesto it was going to be 31% in NI, so 35% (not sure what the NI status is) isn't as good.

ReputationRep:
    Will inevitably be disowned as soon as it comes under any real scrutiny (and or when UKIP want to appeal to something inconsistent with it) anyway, so don't see why anyone cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    I love that UKIP will take a backwards step in efforts to tackle real issues, like climate change, but will pull out all the stops in their quest to restore 'Britishness'... :rolleyes:
    I don't quite think the fact that UKIP will abolish the Department for Culture Media and Sport is really restoring 'Britishness'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Well its currently 42% with NI as well.

In the 2010 manifesto it was going to be 31% in NI, so 35% (not sure what the NI status is) isn't as good.
    The Tories plan to increase the 32% rate to 50k so basically the same.

I actually preferred the old flat tax and scrap NI proposal.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.