The Student Room Group

Summer Engineering Work Placement

I am currently taking a year out before going to university and am working for an engineering company, full time, on a 9 month placement.

Over the summer I would like to spend some time working with a different company to gain some more experience and to see how a different business works.

I feel I will have far more experience than the standard school leaver however most placements are aimed at current university students. This leaves me with the difficulty of working out which companies might be willing to take me.

I was hoping some of you lovely people may be able to help me out with suggestions. I'm currently working for a company who produce fuel injectors for diesel engines but would like to try something different next.

A company based around London would be preferable but any suggestions are welcome.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for reading!
Original post by roar96
I am currently taking a year out before going to university and am working for an engineering company, full time, on a 9 month placement.

Over the summer I would like to spend some time working with a different company to gain some more experience and to see how a different business works.

I feel I will have far more experience than the standard school leaver however most placements are aimed at current university students. This leaves me with the difficulty of working out which companies might be willing to take me.

I was hoping some of you lovely people may be able to help me out with suggestions. I'm currently working for a company who produce fuel injectors for diesel engines but would like to try something different next.

A company based around London would be preferable but any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for reading!

It would be difficult to give any actual suggestions in terms of companies, but I would advise approaching potential ones directly to ask them about whether they'll take you on for a three month placement.
Reply 2
Original post by roar96

Thanks for reading!

Astrium!

*cough*notstalker*cough*
Reply 3
Original post by Aula
Astrium!

*cough*notstalker*cough*

Love you my stalker!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending