The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Medicjug
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1430190298.575615.jpg

Why does my diagram not work

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am pretty tired but a brief look at it seems like you have drawn the right angle in the wrong place. I will do the question in school today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What proofs do we need to know? I'm worried a proof will come up but I've only seen trigonometric proofs which are from C3.
Original post by physicsmaths
I am pretty tired but a brief look at it seems like you have drawn the right angle in the wrong place. I will do the question in school today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks i think you're right but i don't get why it's in the wrong place so that I can avoid making the same mistake next time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1430251539.500460.jpg

Sorry for asking so many questions lol but can anyone help me with this

And find C when x=0 and y=0

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you help me with this differential equations question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you help me with this differential equations question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So what is the question? The full question please. Where is the trouble occuring? All I see is rearranging for C the plugging in x and y as given. Then rearrange for y using logarithms.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So what is the question? The full question please. Where is the trouble occuring? All I see is rearranging for C the plugging in x and y as given. Then rearrange for y using logarithms.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1430252815.927157.jpg

So this is the question number 20. I did it and got down to the equation in the picture. But what I don't get is If I try to rearrange for y and then work out c I get c=0. Which is wrong I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1430252815.927157.jpg

So this is the question number 20. I did it and got down to the equation in the picture. But what I don't get is If I try to rearrange for y and then work out c I get c=0. Which is wrong I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is the answer to the first part.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also with the equation you linked. I get C=5/3

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1430259887.360917.jpg

Yup that's what I got too

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1430259918.526354.jpg

I just didn't get why it didn't work if you made y the subject

Posted from TSR Mobile
C4 Vectors are just frustrating. It's a lot harder than M1 Vectors but I can't seem to get to 100% grips with it yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

I've got my C4 Mock next week Friday on 8th May. Has everybody already sat their C4 mock exam yet?
I think my class is super slow at finishing the content. :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
C4 Vectors are just frustrating. It's a lot harder than M1 Vectors but I can't seem to get to 100% grips with it yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

I've got my C4 Mock next week Friday on 8th May. Has everybody already sat their C4 mock exam yet?
I think my class is super slow at finishing the content. :frown:

I have my C4 mock exam on 12th May. Still need to improve on vectors :frown: We've finished the content.
Original post by Mary562
I have my C4 mock exam on 12th May. Still need to improve on vectors :frown: We've finished the content.

What are you learning at the moment in class do you mind me asking?
Have you had any other mocks i.e m1-2/s1-2?
Original post by Mary562

With vectors just keep practising as the questions are very repetitive and even if the oddball comes up having experience with help. Physics&maths tutor has put together a vectors question pack if you really want to hammer this topic: https://7ffbf36f16de0198415331fba278962d5673e26a.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYeDdHYjBrWkppMmM/Edexcel-Set-2/Ch.5%20Vectors.pdf
Original post by bbadonde2
With vectors just keep practising as the questions are very repetitive and even if the oddball comes up having experience with help. Physics&maths tutor has put together a vectors question pack if you really want to hammer this topic: https://7ffbf36f16de0198415331fba278962d5673e26a.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYeDdHYjBrWkppMmM/Edexcel-Set-2/Ch.5%20Vectors.pdf

hey do you know where we could get hold of the answers for these?
Original post by bbadonde2

physicsmathstutor is the best website ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
physicsmathstutor is the best website ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about examsolutions.net

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
What about examsolutions.net

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is good too lol. physucsmathstutor has notes/past papers and solutions for Maths,FM,physics PAT and STEP. Which is perfect for me. I don't ever have to leave that website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is good too lol. physucsmathstutor has notes/past papers and solutions for Maths,FM,physics PAT and STEP. Which is perfect for me. I don't ever have to leave that website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

something tells me that's your personal website :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending