The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Johann von Gauss
They shouldn't have to include examples of all possible questions in their textbook.

As for integrating a constant a raised to the power x, it is simply e^(x ln a), and surely you know how to integrate that?!

I know how to do e^x but just not a constant ^x :frown: not worth worrying about it now, what's done is done
Reply 3801
Original post by ahb123
I did about 10 papers actually just didn't happen to do that one. It's not even worth my time talking to you 👋 👋

Dude, the spec even says you need to know how to integrate it so stop whining.Screenshot_2015-06-18-11-12-45.png
Original post by xKay
Dude, the spec even says you need to know how to integrate it so stop whining.Screenshot_2015-06-18-11-12-45.png

Whining? Are you kidding me? I'm merely stating that I didn't realise that I needed to know how to integrate that. I've taught myself the whole A2 module so I'm bound to miss something. Some people are just too nasty for their own good
Original post by Johann von Gauss
I don't think I was clear on that: 3^x = e^(x ln 3), and that is easy to integrate.

As it happens, I didn't chance upon any past papers where we were asked to do this either.

Having taught myself I wasn't aware that 3^x is the same e^(x on 3) but at least I know now :smile: It's so typical I did loads of past papers but just not the one that had that in haha :frown: good luck for results day!
Will62 in c4
43 in c3
65 in m1
Be enough for 210 this year?
Original post by qwertymed
Will62 in c4
43 in c3
65 in m1
Be enough for 210 this year?

almost certainly
( more like 220 - 225 UMS)
Original post by TeeEm
almost certainly
( more like 220 - 225 UMS)

Thanks, that's a relief
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3807
If I get wrong signs for one question where the integral has wrong signs could I get 1/3.
Reply 3808
If I get wrong signs for one question where the integral has wrong signs could I get 1/3.
Original post by ahb123
Having taught myself I wasn't aware that 3^x is the same e^(x on 3) but at least I know now :smile: It's so typical I did loads of past papers but just not the one that had that in haha :frown: good luck for results day!

Why didn't you do every past paper in the cucurrent spec?
Original post by Rubik-Cube
Why didn't you do every past paper in the cucurrent spec?

Nice username

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ahb123
Considering I taught myself the subject I shouldn't have to do every single past paper to uncover that. It's simple, if edexcel are going to ask a question on something it should be included in the textbook

It is a very simple substitution, which is covered in the textbook, or you could have reverse chain ruled it
Will 62-64 in c3 and 67-69 in c4 get me an A* overall in maths?
Using Arseys predictions for the A* boundaries then it probably could yeah. It will be borderline I'm afraid
Original post by Calum511
Using Arseys predictions for the A* boundaries then it probably could yeah. It will be borderline I'm afraid

Hi what are arseys predictions for c3 and c4 for the A* and A? Thank you and good luck for your exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could 69 in C3 and 66 in C4 be an A* overall?
Original post by sunsri101
Could 69 in C3 and 66 in C4 be an A* overall?

I'd put money on it
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I'd put money on it

bet you 1p it's not
Original post by cogito.
bet you 1p it's not

nah too steep for me
Original post by jf1994
I don't think it would take 27 years for a population to rise by 25%, unless the animals are big on condoms or something

Rabbits, no, but if it was something big like lions sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending