Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

There's a guy in one of my classes who I have started to develop a crush on. I see him in class everyday of the week and even in extra work classes.

The problem is, I don't know how to talk to him as I am a shy girl, and I'm scared of being awkward if I do start a conversation with him.

I don't know if he likes me/has ever liked me whilst I've been in his class. He's looked at me in class frequently for sustained periods of time, but I can't even bring myself to make eye contact with him when he does.
    My friends keep telling me to talk to him face to face (I have him on Facebook, but never spoke on it) but I'm too shy, and since I've been in class with him for like 4 months, I'm worried he'll think it's a bit odd and out-of-the-blue.
    Because of all this, I just hope I haven't given him the impression that I'm not interested.
    Have you got any advice about any of this?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    You could aim to be put in a group together for groupwork? It's difficult to speak to someone for the first time, but if it's in a setting where you're 'meant' to talk to them most shy people feel more at ease. So either that or message him on facebook about something?

ReputationRep:
    Step 1 log off tsr

Step 2 get some cajones and ask him

ffs this thread again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There's a guy in one of my classes who I have started to develop a crush on. I see him in class everyday of the week and even in extra work classes.

The problem is, I don't know how to talk to him as I am a shy girl, and I'm scared of being awkward if I do start a conversation with him.

I don't know if he likes me/has ever liked me whilst I've been in his class. He's looked at me in class frequently for sustained periods of time, but I can't even bring myself to make eye contact with him when he does.
    My friends keep telling me to talk to him face to face (I have him on Facebook, but never spoke on it) but I'm too shy, and since I've been in class with him for like 4 months, I'm worried he'll think it's a bit odd and out-of-the-blue.
    Because of all this, I just hope I haven't given him the impression that I'm not interested.

Step 1: get off TSR
    Step 2: go find him (maybe not now, might be a bit creepy)
    Step 3: 'Hi, how are you?'

problem = solved

Or if you want some subtlety, ask him about homework, or if he can help you with something you're stuck on. Group work as mentioned above is also a good shout.

ReputationRep:
    Say hi in passing a few times, raise him a smile whilst doing so...that can go down well. Once you feel your confidence rising a little more and he hasn't said anything to you yet, perhaps start a conversation in class or when you see him. Or wake up one morning and just think "life's about risking for caramelised biscuits, I'm just going to say hi and see what happens". He's given you long looks a few times, although it may not be him having romantic feelings for you just yet (or he might do), it's clear you have some form of impact on your life.

Go up to him, say hi and not think about how the conversation will go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
    Step 1 log off tsr

Step 2 get some cajones and ask him

ffs this thread again
    Shy people on TSR. No surprise.

ReputationRep:
    You have him on Facebook, use your initiative already :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Shy people on TSR. No surprise.
    beta gon betas

ReputationRep:

Okay, so this is so similar to me. I rly liked this guy and I just started talking to him in class. I added him on sc and instagram and now we talk EVERY DAY. You won't be able to get anywhere until you say anything to him. Go ahead - ask him something about his interests

ReputationRep:

Aslong as you're on a similar level of attractiveness, then he shouldn't reject you if you just get to know him speak to him then ask him on a date. Guy's hate when you try to give hints or play games...

ReputationRep:

Go up to him and say hi. Or, like others have mentioned, just ask for help with homework sometime. If ever I'm trying to talk to a girl I, admittedly tend to mess it up, but I often just ask them about homework or a question. Also, don't just go and ask about homework as he'll just think you need help(you may do, but still!) stick around and talk to him if you can, maybe sit near him and strike up a conversation, maybe ask how his day has been?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.