Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, if I get CCF in Biology, Physics then Chemistry in Double Award Science as I'm predicting (disaster at Chemistry), do I get CC overall?
    Or does the bogus grade in one science bring down the CC to something worse and if so, what?
    CC is fine for me overall as I intend doing non-science A levels.
    Please help....thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jashami)
    Hi, if I get CCF in Biology, Physics then Chemistry in Double Award Science as I'm predicting (disaster at Chemistry), do I get CC overall?
    Or does the bogus grade in one science bring down the CC to something worse and if so, what?
    Hi can anybody help me with this query please, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    It depends which specification you are doing and what actual marks you get in the different units.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    It depends which specification you are doing and what actual marks you get in the different units.
    Well say 65%, 65% and 22%, and its Double Award Science non-modular....all 6 papers in May/June.

ReputationRep:
    Well say 65%, 65% and 22%, and its Double Award Science non-modular....all 6 papers in May/June.
    Still confused. Is there any controlled assessment or is this an IGCSE? Which exam board?

ReputationRep:
    Still confused. Is there any controlled assessment or is this an IGCSE? Which exam board?
    NICCEA, and 25% controlled assessment GCSE.
    Basically can I "CC in the bank" and not worry about a poor Chemistry mark if that happens or would that Chemistry score "pull down" my CC to CD or worse?
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    NICCEA, and 25% controlled assessment GCSE.
    Basically can I "CC in the bank" and not worry about a poor Chemistry mark if that happens or would that Chemistry score "pull down" my CC to CD or worse?
    Thank you.
    Assuming you also get a mid C (65) in the CA, that makes an average of (65+65+65+22)/400= 54.25 which I think would be DD, a fraction more and you'd get CD.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming you also get a mid C (65) in the CA, that makes an average of (65+65+65+22)/400= 54.25 which I think would be DD, afrcation more and you'd get CD.
    BRILLIANT!!....so, 60+60+60+60= 240/400= 60% CC.
    Every 1% dropped in Chem has to be gained somewhere else.
    You have been very helpful...thank you!!
    One further question bothering me please?
    Wouldn't 60% in Higher Level be more attainable than 88-90% at Foundation Level?
    I know they drop the harder questions,....but then destroy you be setting a ridiculous high 88-90% C target?
    Please help?

ReputationRep:
    BRILLIANT!!....so, 60+60+60+60= 240/400= 60% CC.
    Every 1% dropped in Chem has to be gained somewhere else.
    You've got the idea.

Wouldn't 60% in Higher Level be more attainable than 88-90% at Foundation Level?
    In general I agree but if you've never been taught any of the Higher tier stuff then perhaps not.

ReputationRep:
    You've got the idea.

In general I agree but if you've never been taught any of the Higher tier stuff then perhaps not.
    Taught Higher Level, but if Mocks dodgy or borderline at all teachers may encourage entry to Foundation as they say it can be "safer bet for a C"....but I disagree....rather try Higher to get 60+% than Foundation at ridiculous 88-90%.
    Who gets final say which I enter...me/my parents or teacher......cause my parents will overrule teacher at meeting if needed.???
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Who gets final say which I enter...me/my parents or teacher......cause my parents will overrule teacher at meeting if needed.???
    It depends on your school's policy, so I can't help you there.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.