Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any one know if I was to do Sport Science In Uni , would I then be able to go and do a masters in Sport Medicine or would I have to do a Medical degree to do that.

ReputationRep:
    As you will see if you look at the entry requirements for MSc in Sports & Exercise Medicine on uni websites, while some unis require you to be a doctor or other health professional (physiotherapist etc), some will accept a Sports Science degree.

Incidentally, it's early to be thinking about the subject of your masters degree, why are you particularly interested in a sports medicine masters? The possibilities for what you can do after this MSc is partly dependent on your undergraduate degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theresheglows)
    As you will see if you look at the entry requirements for MSc in Sports & Exercise Medicine on uni websites, while some unis require you to be a doctor or other health professional (physiotherapist etc), some will accept a Sports Science degree.

Incidentally, it's early to be thinking about the subject of your masters degree, why are you particularly interested in a sports medicine masters? The possibilities for what you can do after this MSc is partly dependent on your undergraduate degree.

i am interested in how the human body works during sporting activity as well as , how the body reacts to different types of injurys (e.g.Musculoskeletal injury) ,diseases and the rehabilitation process. Aswell as prevent future injurys. know it's a bit early to be thinking about what MSc I want to do , i guess I'm just going a bit too ahead quickly.

I am thinking of studying medicine over sports science , one of my motivations is what happened to my dad who had a collapse Lung and didn't go hospital until 2 hours after and still survived, I want to help people overcome there health problems , whether it's a disease , illness or injury. And make a difference and contribute to the community aswell as society in general with my knowledge.

is there any advice you can give me about how I should go about this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaka21)
    i am interested in how the human body works during sporting activity as well as , how the body reacts to different types of injurys (e.g.Musculoskeletal injury) ,diseases and the rehabilitation process. Aswell as prevent future injurys. know it's a bit early to be thinking about what MSc I want to do , i guess I'm just going a bit too ahead quickly.

I am thinking of studying medicine over sports science , one of my motivations is what happened to my dad who had a collapse Lung and didn't go hospital until 2 hours after and still survived, I want to help people overcome there health problems , whether it's a disease , illness or injury. And make a difference and contribute to the community aswell as society in general with my knowledge.

is there any advice you can give me about how I should go about this?
    That's a lot of things you've mentioned, and there are countless career pathways that can involve your interests.

If you are interested in sports injury and rehabilitation then you might want to investigate physiotherapy, osteopathy, and sports therapy among others.
    Other possible areas to look into are social work, social care, nursing, occupational therapy, paramedic science etc; as these seem to fit most closely with what you are describing.

Here is a good place to start http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/explore-by-career/

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.