Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    okay so I was revising for my mock exams and I was doing a past paper and just couldn't figure out why the answer was 66.67% instead of 20%
    can anyone help please?
    for some reason it wont attach so if you wouldn't mind going to the ocr website and finding the biology paper from 5 june 2013 B4, B5 and B6 its question 1 d I
    thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have had a look, but my answer appears to be a little off also.
    At 12 noon I read the rate from the graph to be 50.
    At 10.00 hours I read the rate from the graph to be 29.

Therefore I did 29/50 and then multiplied by 100 to turn it into a percentage. My final answer was 58%.
    I'm sorry I couldn't figure out what they have done to get 66.67%, I just wanted to show you how I thought about it as hopefully it may have helped a little.

Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BimBam97)
    Hi,
    I have had a look, but my answer appears to be a little off also.
    At 12 noon I read the rate from the graph to be 50.
    At 10.00 hours I read the rate from the graph to be 29.

Therefore I did 29/50 and then multiplied by 100 to turn it into a percentage. My final answer was 58%.
    I'm sorry I couldn't figure out what they have done to get 66.67%, I just wanted to show you how I thought about it as hopefully it may have helped a little.

Sorry
    Thank you anyway☺

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried reversing the equation like dividing the percentage by 100 and then I dunno....

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firenze26)
    Have you tried reversing the equation like dividing the percentage by 100 and then I dunno....
    I have had a go a reversing it like Firenze26 suggested. If you divide the 66.67% by 100 it turns it into a decimal of 0.6667. I am pretty sure the value for 12 noon is 50, so if you multiply the decimal 0.6667 by 50 you should get the value they read off the graph for 10.00 hours. This means that they read the value for 10.00 hours as 33.3. I read this value as 29, so maybe the difference in our answers is due to error when reading from the graph ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firenze26)

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar
    Yeah I'm really not sure how they got that answer?

ReputationRep:
    I've done it! It was 20/30 which equals 0.6667 then *100 and it's 66.67 wooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloetay99)
    I've done it! It was 20/30 which equals 0.6667 then *100 and it's 66.67 wooo
    Brill!! well done, Im really happy you managed to figure it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BimBam97)
    Brill!! well done, Im really happy you managed to figure it out
    Thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.