Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Messed up yr 12 and left before taking AS. Had a break down at 15 & got help with OCD. Repeated in another school and got BBBB AS and want do do electrical engineering, applied to Liverpool. D'you think I will be considered? Bricking it now as I've heard units don't like re-sitters. Ucas form still in the hands of my college to be sent Monday. Advice anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the University does recognise resits for all non clinical programmes. Applicants should make it clear on their UCAS form if they are re-taking any qualifications so that admissions officers can place all results into context and await those that are pending.

Got it this from the uni web site.... Phew. Hope I get an offer :/

ReputationRep:
    Unis don't like people constantly resitting like 3 or 4 times and some unis restrict it just to narrow the field on popular programmes.

Those are really good AS results and if you're worried about the resits you can have the referee mention it so the uni can take it into consideration.

ReputationRep:
    If you've only resit once it's fine. Technically since you left before taking AS at your old school it doesn't even count as a resit.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies, hope I get a place. Good luck everyone else

ReputationRep:
    I got BCC, resat Y12 and got AAA. Got my offer from Liverpool!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.