Turn on thread page Beta

why watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    why do i have strong feelings for a girl i didnt even know existed 24 hours ago?

ReputationRep:
    she gave you everything

ReputationRep:
    Because you're human. Also, probably because you're desperate and lonely. I'm not judging too hard, trust me, I've been there.

ReputationRep:
    love's old sweet song

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by localfox1000)
    Because you're human. Also, probably because you're desperate and lonely. I'm not judging too hard, trust me, I've been there.
    nah.

i've turned down quite a few girls and normally pull in clubs etc.

like tonight for example i'm probably going out clubbing but it doesn't feel the same. :rolleyes:

also, my ex gf i didnt really care about. it sounds stupid but i probably care more for this girl than i ever did for my ex

ReputationRep:
    It's human nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mals94)
    nah.

i've turned down quite a few girls and normally pull in clubs etc.

like tonight for example i'm probably going out clubbing but it doesn't feel the same. :rolleyes:

also, my ex gf i didnt really care about. it sounds stupid but i probably care more for this girl than i ever did for my ex
    Oh.
    Well it's probably just the love bug. Ladies and gentleman, our man here is smitten!
    Will you get to see this girl again?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    The force is strong with this boy Obiwan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by localfox1000)
    Oh.
    Well it's probably just the love bug. Ladies and gentleman, our man here is smitten!
    Will you get to see this girl again?
    hope so. i have her number.

i think even if she wouldnt want a relationship i'd still wanna be good friends with her
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    You have succumbed to the enthralling powers of lust,dear friend

ReputationRep:
    Infatuation with idealised conception of said woman or potential of said woman and craving for validation from the opposite sex

Usually it's teenage girls who fall victim to this i.e. first crush on the hot guy c. 14 y/o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    Infatuation with idealised conception of said woman or potential of said woman and craving for validation from the opposite sex

Usually it's teenage girls who fall victim to this i.e. first crush on the hot guy c. 14 y/o
    doesn't feel like that. i'm relaxed around her. plus i have quite a few female friends, so i dont really need any sort of 'validation from the opposite sex'

ReputationRep:
    doesn't feel like that. i'm relaxed around her. plus i have quite a few female friends, so i dont really need any sort of 'validation from the opposite sex'
    Therefore see points 1 and 2

ReputationRep:
    Therefore see points 1 and 2
    maybe.
    im really not normally like that though

ReputationRep:
    maybe.
    im really not normally like that though
    hence infatuation with the ideal. Get to know her better, see if reality lives up to your imagination or you'll regret it for a while. I do suggest you lower your standards however, in reality her **** probably stinks like all the rest of us, and that's OK. At present you are putting her on a pedestal for reasons either to do with superficial lust (she's really hot) or she has otherwise introduced a new element to your life paradigm previously lacking in all your other social interactions esp. with women.

(Basically she's a novelty and you have high hopes)

ReputationRep:
    hence infatuation with the ideal. Get to know her better, see if reality lives up to your imagination or you'll regret it for a while. I do suggest you lower your standards however, in reality her **** probably stinks like all the rest of us, and that's OK. At present you are putting her on a pedestal for reasons either to do with superficial lust (she's really hot) or she has otherwise introduced a new element to your life paradigm previously lacking in all your other social interactions esp. with women.

(Basically she's a novelty and you have high hopes)
    is it possible for her to feel the same?

we hit it off immediately and spent 90% of the night together!

ReputationRep:
    is it possible for her to feel the same?

we hit it off immediately and spent 90% of the night together!
    Perfectly possible mate. I didn't say she's stringing you along (although beware that is possible, she may be a natural flirt/vixen/femme fatale). Just that if you see her as a goddess she will never be able to please you, you will never be happy with her and so you will continue to search for the illusory Unicorn of women.

You need to stick around long enough to know if this is just a passing infatuation or 'there's something there that wasn't there before', to quote Beauty and the Beast

ReputationRep:
    Because you are soul mates 😍😍

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Perfectly possible mate. I didn't say she's stringing you along (although beware that is possible, she may be a natural flirt/vixen/femme fatale). Just that if you see her as a goddess she will never be able to please you, you will never be happy with her and so you will continue to search for the illusory Unicorn of women.

You need to stick around long enough to know if this is just a passing infatuation or 'there's something there that wasn't there before', to quote Beauty and the Beast
    yeah, i get what you mean.

she directed a lot of attention towards myself before and during the night out. felt like more than just physical attraction as well.

but then if i was to go in a relationship with her, and we broke up chances are we'd never see each other again!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i get what you mean.

she directed a lot of attention towards myself before and during the night out. felt like more than just physical attraction as well.

but then if i was to go in a relationship with her, and we broke up chances are we'd never see each other again!
    mm. I know the feeling. 'Soul mate'. Well, trust me, pain is temporary, regret is eternal. Go and get 'em tiger

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.