This discussion is closed.
samd294
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I need to go into DOS to save some files onto floppy on my severely messed up PC before I refomat the old bugger and lose everything.

Can someone give a list of DOS commands to use, I used to know how to do everything I now dont though.

I just need to know enough to navigate the C: Drive and save stuff to floppy.

Much obliged
Baron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
'dir' will list all the folders/files in the current directory

'cd name' will go into the folder name.

'cd..' will go up a directory level (e.g. if you are in c:\folder\ cd.. will take you to c:\)

'copy filename.ext destination' - e.g. 'copy file.doc a:' will copy file.doc to the a:
samd294
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
thanks very much for that bazza , think I spoke to you about this on saturaday, well the reinstall didnt work so it is gonna be a reformatting, for the SECOND time (my bro got it infected with this virus the first time).
OK then bye.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yep if and if you want to copy all the contents of a directory to the floppy drive do:

copy c:\whatever\ *. a:
Baron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by samd294)
thanks very much for that bazza , think I spoke to you about this on saturaday, well the reinstall didnt work so it is gonna be a reformatting, for the SECOND time (my bro got it infected with this virus the first time).
OK then bye.
ok

good luck
Fly By
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by samd294)
OK then bye.
oh my god i hate formatting, you need to reinstall everything and all your settings are gone.!!

you sure you need to format?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (69)
53.08%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
7.69%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
10.77%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
25.38%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (4)
3.08%

Watched Threads