Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long have you had your current computer? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i have had mine just over 2 years .

ReputationRep:
    The slowest computer in the world.7 years!

ReputationRep:
    2.5 years, and it's falling apart. I've never had a laptop that has lasted more than 2.5/3 years. I'd be very interested in knowing how often people replace their computers because I feel I don't get enough usage out of mine.

ReputationRep:
    Two years, expecting to get at least another three out of it.

(Original post by localfox1000)
    2.5 years, and it's falling apart. I've never had a laptop that has lasted more than 2.5/3 years. I'd be very interested in knowing how often people replace their computers because I feel I don't get enough usage out of mine.
    What sort of computer are you using?

ReputationRep:
    its a toshiba laptop. i've previously had sony vaio and Dell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    The slowest computer in the world.7 years!
    Wuuuutt. What are your specs like??D:

I've had mine just over a year I think, but I'm thinking about upgrading some parts on it soon

ReputationRep:
    About 4 months I built my PC in September

ReputationRep:
    Just under 2 months My last one was on 7 years and still works perfectly well

ReputationRep:
    6 years?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    3.5 years. No longer plays games, haha. Stupid i3, integrated graphics card piece of crap. Has blu-ray at least . My notebook is 2 years old I think.
    Lucky I got a PS4 for Xmas... saved me building a PC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AstroNandos)
    Wuuuutt. What are your specs like??D:

I've had mine just over a year I think, but I'm thinking about upgrading some parts on it soon
    I am not really sure!It's got the slowest speed in the world!I bet it's even below 1 GHz.Thanks goodness I've got a tablet!

ReputationRep:
    mine was manufactured 2007. I've upgraded the obvious stuff but it's still more powerful than I need. Obviously I don't play the latest games on it.

ReputationRep:
    about 6 months. bought it online from Sams IT Tech... same place its predecessor came from

it is a roaring windows xp beast of a Dell with 2GB of throbbing ram. For less than £80 !!!

ReputationRep:
    Its going to be 3 years in April I think.

Still going strong, probably needs some upgrading, more ram, possibly an ssd......maybe a new gpu and monitor for the future.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    About 10 months old.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Depends how you define it. Based on current hardware, a few months, based on oldest component, almost 3 years.
    Case&PSU: 7 months
    Mobo&CPU&CPU cooler: a year
    GPU: 3 months
    other GPU&RAM:15 months
    Optical drives and storage: varies from 3 years to 5 months

ReputationRep:
    Had my Macbook Pro for about 5 months and I've had my desktop about 2 years in its current state.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Specified and built it myself. Around 4 years now but upgraded components as needed in the intervening time. Next up for replacement is the original graphics card.

ReputationRep:
    A day. My mum bought it- its my birthday

ReputationRep:
    Coming up to 4 years. 2500K, GTX570 and 8GB RAM.

Haven't touched it apart from adding some extra storage for it. Future plans: SSD and maybe a GTX 970, though I never game anymore. Only the odd BF4 in a month, christ I got boring quick.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.