Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

After years of persuasion, my Grandad has decided to invest in a tablet so that he can talk to my aunt through skype and do online shopping as well as other things.

His main priority would be screen size, it must be large enough for him to use easily (and he is almost 90...), as well as wifi capability (there is no need for 3/4g connectivity, where we live there is no signal!) I have no idea currently what he wishes to spend so if people could give me an idea of some tablets in different price ranges that would be awesome!

Thanks (:

Bryony

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BryonyG98)
    Hi,

After years of persuasion, my Grandad has decided to invest in a tablet so that he can talk to my aunt through skype and do online shopping as well as other things.

His main priority would be screen size, it must be large enough for him to use easily (and he is almost 90...), as well as wifi capability (there is no need for 3/4g connectivity, where we live there is no signal!) I have no idea currently what he wishes to spend so if people could give me an idea of some tablets in different price ranges that would be awesome!

Thanks (:

Bryony
    Given that screen size is a priority, here's the best 10"+ tablets at different price points

Linx Tablet 10 (10" display) for £159, Apple iPad Air (10" display) for £319, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro (12" display) for £324, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.9 (11" display) or iPad Air 2 (10" display) for £399, Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (13" display) for £449.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.