The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

Got the email of conformation 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foodatastic
They send you an email? Great, i just spent an extra quid for tracking to see if it got there. -_-

Yes, they did ahaha, but don't worry about it, better safe than sorry, 👍 I didn't even know they were going to, I was planning on just calling them.
But anyway, what subjects did you choose to study at Harris? 😃
Original post by liquidconfidence
Yes, they did ahaha, but don't worry about it, better safe than sorry, I didn't even know they were going to, I was planning on just calling them.
But anyway, what subjects did you choose to study at Harris?

Maths, Further, Physics and Economics. What about you?
Maths, Further, Physics and Economics. What about you?

I selected English Literature, Biology, Chemistry and Economics :-)

Yay, atleast we have one subject in common.

Do you plan to go into Medicine? Bio and Chemistry really do compliment each other.
Do you plan to go into Medicine? Bio and Chemistry really do compliment each other.

Yeah! We do actually :biggrin: And thanks, Biology and chemistry do go really well together although, I would like to achieve a degree in Medicine, I actually prefer and am more interested in Law! However, I was advised to do a conversion degree onto law rather than just law to expand my career opportunities, so I chose medicine because I like the sciences. Thanks for asking as well. :-)

What Career pathways are you thinking of or interested in doing? You must be really intelligent to be taking further mathematics! :0
Yeah! We do actually :biggrin: And thanks, Biology and chemistry do go really well together although, I would like to achieve a degree in Medicine, I actually prefer and am more interested in Law! However, I was advised to do a conversion degree onto law rather than just law to expand my career opportunities, so I chose medicine because I like the sciences. Thanks for asking as well. :-)

What Career pathways are you thinking of or interested in doing? You must be really intelligent to be taking further mathematics! :0

I don't really know what I want to be or do. I'm just playing on my strengths and subjects that interlink. I was considering Law, i love debating and like the idea of helping society to get justice. However, my English grades and "bluntness" told me to go for something more logical and something I'm more capable in; and so, mathematics. I am advised to go into Finance, (therefore i picked Economics) but it seems a Degree in Maths seems to be the choice right now. What GCSE Subjects do you do?
I don't really know what I want to be or do. I'm just playing on my strengths and subjects that interlink. I was considering Law, i love debating and like the idea of helping society to get justice. However, my English grades and "bluntness" told me to go for something more logical and something I'm more capable in; and so, mathematics. I am advised to go into Finance, (therefore i picked Economics) but it seems a Degree in Maths seems to be the choice right now. What GCSE Subjects do you do?

I currently study Geography, French and Sociology at GCSE. When we chose our options, a selected few of us had to do the English Baccalaureate so I decided on French because I was familiar with it, Sociology because it partly relates to Law and Geography because I was better at it than History.
And RE is compulsory like English, Maths and Triple science.
What GCSE subjects do you do?
I currently study Geography, French and Sociology at GCSE. When we chose our options, a selected few of us had to do the English Baccalaureate so I decided on French because I was familiar with it, Sociology because it partly relates to Law and Geography because I was better at it than History.

Compulsory Subjects are Maths, Further Maths, English (lang and lit) and triple science.
The subjects i chose were Computing (I chose it so i know if i should pick it for A-level (i know not to pick it)), History (Just for the lols i guess, I have no idea why I chose it), Art (I like art, it gives me a sense of freedom compared to all my other prison subjects) and economics (just to see what its like to go into finance).
I was considering Geography but my Geography teacher actively avoided me after i thought Birmingham was a country in Australia). My school doesn't offer sociology. RE isn't compulsory here, didn't really consider it either.
Compulsory Subjects are Maths, Further Maths, English (lang and lit) and triple science.
The subjects i chose were Computing (I chose it so i know if i should pick it for A-level (i know not to pick it)), History (Just for the lols i guess, I have no idea why I chose it), Art (I like art, it gives me a sense of freedom compared to all my other prison subjects) and economics (just to see what its like to go into finance).
I was considering Geography but my Geography teacher actively avoided me after i thought Birmingham was a country in Australia). My school doesn't offer sociology. RE isn't compulsory here, didn't really consider it either.

Those all sound like really good options! I wish I picked art, we only had 3 options and because of the Ebac I was so restricted. Unfortunately I picked sociology over art = biggest mistake ever. Also I remember when I first started geography in year 9 and I didn't know where the continent's were lol ( I do now though just for the record :'D). But that's it really.
Was Harris Westminster your first choice?
Those all sound like really good options! I wish I picked art, we only had 3 options and because of the Ebac I was so restricted. Unfortunately I picked sociology over art = biggest mistake ever. Also I remember when I first started geography in year 9 and I didn't know where the continent's were lol ( I do now though just for the record :'D). But that's it really.
Was Harris Westminster your first choice?

I have never heard about Ebac, what is that about? Yeah, Geography was never my thing. Harris Westminster is not my first choice unfortunately. What about you?
I have never heard about Ebac, what is that about? Yeah, Geography was never my thing. Harris Westminster is not my first choice unfortunately. What about you?

Well the Ebac is quite insignificant now but it was supposed to refer to some sort of 'recognition' that you get from colleges if you pass a humanities and a language subject at GCSE level although now it's almost non existent. And no, Harris Westminster wasn't originally my first choice but so far out of the colleges I have been accepted to its most likely that I am going to enrol in September at HWSF. So, I suppose it is right now my first choice I've stopped attending some interviews.
Well the Ebac is quite insignificant now but it was supposed to refer to some sort of 'recognition' that you get from colleges if you pass a humanities and a language subject at GCSE level although now it's almost non existent. And no, Harris Westminster wasn't originally my first choice but so far out of the colleges I have been accepted to its most likely that I am going to enrol in September at HWSF. So, I suppose it is right now my first choice I've stopped attending some interviews.

Oh ok, my first choice is painfully hard to get into, high chances are that this will be the school ill have to go to. (I wont be replying till tomorrow now,-)

Yeah my school is along the same lines as yours, RE (I'm around a B/A) is compulsory as well as a language, I chose German (which I'm rubbish at, just about passing it). My compulsory subjects are Maths, English lit and lang and science + add science which I'm all A/A* quality in. Also I study Geography at the moment and will be taking it to A-level at Harris😄, as well as A-level economics, English lit, and politics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I too am looking to go into law, to be a barrister more specifically, however actually do it for my degree at university and continue my journey into law school. It will be interesting meeting you two at HWSF (had we all enrolled) as we have very similar ambitions. Also the common factor is economics as an A-level choice between the three of us, looking forward to having you lot as colleagues.👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samispector
I too am looking to go into law, to be a barrister more specifically, however actually do it for my degree at university and continue my journey into law school. It will be interesting meeting you two at HWSF (had we all enrolled) as we have very similar ambitions. Also the common factor is economics as an A-level choice between the three of us, looking forward to having you lot as colleagues.👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it does sound like mine and your schools are similar ahaah :-D But anyway I'm glad that you are also interested in Law! Go team! I am not really specific although I am also aiming down the barrister route, primarily because I would prefer to and would actually be fascinated to properlyrepresent a client in court and act as an advocate rather than just give advice like a solicitor. On the other hand, you are right, we all do have economics in common :-) so if we all enrol (hopefully) I would be happy to share a class with both of you!
I can't wait lool :-)
Just got an email saying that they received my acceptance for the conditional offer.
I got an email saying they received my letter but did anyone else get a second email saying the first one was recalled?
Original post by staringatshadows
I got an email saying they received my letter but did anyone else get a second email saying the first one was recalled?

yes, i did...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending