Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am a 3rd year sociology student at the University of Manchester. I am currently working on my dissertation project, which aims to explore how men engaging in traditional female occupations reproduce a sense of masculinity. Therefore, Male nurses and male Elementary school teachers will be my pilot sampling.And at this stage, I am recruiting no more than 6 volunteers for this research project. I will carry out 6 semi-structured Skype interviews (instant message based) to collect data. Each interview will last for 20 – 30 mins. I will ask my participants around three main themes:
    such as: 1) their motivations/aspirations entering their current professions; (“Why did you choose nursing/primary school professions? Any incentives?”)
    2) their strategies of keeping a masculine image; (“Have you ever distanced from your female colleagues to sustain a masculine image?”)
    3) whether or not they perceived better working conditions (treatments) than their female colleagues. (“Do you find that you are normally better paid than your female colleagues?”)

I sincerely request your support and participation in my research study. Your contribution will be considerably important to me.

If you are interested in my project, please contact me by email: [email protected]

Thank you!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.