Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Pretty straightforward: when is the time to choose which college do I wanna attend? Plus, is there really a huge difference in the college in terms of accommodation (because I thing colleges don't affect academic life at all)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyski33)
    Pretty straightforward: when is the time to choose which college do I wanna attend? Plus, is there really a huge difference in the college in terms of accommodation (because I thing colleges don't affect academic life at all)?
    You choose the college when you apply for accommodation - you usually get an email sent saying that the accommodation portal is open and you can make an account.

In terms of accommodation, the colleges aren't too different.
    Here's a lowdown of the prices: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/sbs/accom.../ugsummary.pdf

Some people (myself included) choose the college based on location too. Some are closer than others e.g. Cartmel is the farthest, Bowland is in the heart of the university. Furness, Fylde, Grizedale and County are surrounding it, etc.

Visiting during open day would help, you get a tour of the campus too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyski33)
    You choose accommodation in June/ July and get told where you got a couple of weeks before you start.

Distance is a factor when you choose which college. So is catered/self-catered, en-suite/basin/shared,standard/superior, whether you want a townhouse/ self contained studio.

Cartmel/Lonsdale/County/ Posh Pendle are a bit of a walk from the heart of the campus.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.