Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A spin-off to my well-received thread "How to get out of the friendzone?"

ReputationRep:
    There is no such thing as the friend zone.
    It is a bit of bull**** that is what happens guys (I'm saying that since I've never heard a girl use it in relation to a guy) seem to think that girls aren't allowed male friends who want something more, and think that girls owe them to respond to their feelings in the same way, and blame this infamous zone. While, when girls are rejected by guys, they tend to blame themselves. This common in society. So maybe don't think about it as such a thing?

ReputationRep:
    Lack of sex is the obvious one.

ReputationRep:
    You may be in the 'firendzone' if you wear a fedora...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    Lack of sex is the obvious one.
    Exactly what I came here to say.

OP, your threads are kind of worrying somehow.

ReputationRep:
    The friend zone literally does not exist, as lulalou put so nicely. It's simply a term coined by men who think that being nice to a girl and being her friend gives him rights to be able to **** her. That's it. If you think about it, it's like saying 'hey, wait a minute, I was nice to you and was your friend so therefore you have to get with me as repayment for me being your friend'
    Signs that you're in the friendzone would be
    1. You think that being nice to a girl entitles you to ****/date her
    2. You don't know how to read other people's feelings
    3. You're a jackass.

I say men all the way through this because girls don't use it. How often have you heard a girl go 'oh I was so friendzoned by this hot guy'? Like, never.

ReputationRep:
    -she never texts back, or takes forever to reply.
    - avoids prolonged eye contact

ReputationRep:
    Don't know why people call it "the friend zone" and get all hung up about it. We already had a word for it it was known as Unrequited Love and it's been with us for donkey's years. I knew a girl, took a fancy to her, asked her out and she said no so I went on my way. It only gets awkward if you drag it out unnecessarily.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe in no friend field boundary things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mixedchillies)
    The friend zone literally does not exist, as lulalou put so nicely. It's simply a term coined by men who think that being nice to a girl and being her friend gives him rights to be able to **** her. That's it. If you think about it, it's like saying 'hey, wait a minute, I was nice to you and was your friend so therefore you have to get with me as repayment for me being your friend'
    Signs that you're in the friendzone would be
    1. You think that being nice to a girl entitles you to ****/date her
    2. You don't know how to read other people's feelings
    3. You're a jackass.

I say men all the way through this because girls don't use it. How often have you heard a girl go 'oh I was so friendzoned by this hot guy'? Like, never.
    Perfectly put!
    :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.