In an IGCSE history exam, is it important to include lots of statistics?

Watch
username1738703
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm revising History and have been focusing on getting as many facts and figures as possible in. Do I actually need to revise lots of statistics to get a good grade in the exam or is it more about understanding and analysis?
the-black-lotus
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What board? I did CIE IGCSE history and while it may have been good to know a few key statistics, it was more important to be able to explain processes and causes to get more marks
lorimeed
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
for all the questions about half the amount of marks are for facts and the other half is quality of writing and how you analysis and tailor your facts t the question.This dot count for question a which is basically just facts!
LeFeuilly
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by william91919)
I'm revising History and have been focusing on getting as many facts and figures as possible in. Do I actually need to revise lots of statistics to get a good grade in the exam or is it more about understanding and analysis?
A couple would be good, especially if you're doing edexcel igcse like I am as the German paper has a chronology-based question (though it's only worth three marks).
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by william91919)
It is important to get facts and statistics in, but it's also important to make sure you've actually answered the question first. You can put in the most spectacular own knowledge but it's pointless if you're not directly addressing the question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.93%
I'm not sure (16)
3.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (148)
33.48%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.58%
I'm not a current university student (205)
46.38%

Watched Threads