Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I previously worked at this place and in my last month there a new girl came. She was really shy and almost hostile at first but I had to help her out every now and then so i'd only talk to her to help her really.

In the last week or so she started giving me the smiles and was much more open to me, we didn't get that much of an oppurtunity to talk but I could tell she liked me. On my last day I was saying my goodbyes to everyone and she overheard and said "ohhh, thats really sad" and I could tell it had genuinely lessened her mood.

I had the oppurtunity to meet her a few weeks back when I met up with some of my friends from the old place who invited some of the other colleagues along. I didn't get that much of an oppurtunity to test the waters as we was all going round as a group together, but when I did get her alone I was making her laugh and trying to get to know her.

She has this habbit of peeping around at me when she thinks i'm not looking and gets really nervous around me, I know these aren't definite signs but you never really are 100% when it comes to girls anyway.

I've made a fb in the last week and I've seen hers, probably going to add her and start talking to her. Just wondering how do you make a connection with somebody over text ? Never really been experienced in this kinda thing. I don't want to come off too strong as i'm not 100% sure she likes me and don't want to **** up badly as she would probably tell her friend who will then tell my whole workplace etc .

I don't mean to sound like a prick either but i'm not really looking for a relationship right now, so if I could get somewhere with this girl without tying myself down that'd be great.

I'm 19 and she's 17 soon to be 18.

Any help is appreciated, I really don't know where to begin as i'm not the most experienced of guys.

ReputationRep:
    Find another girl to sleep with whom knows the score. Night club pull that sort of thing.

(Original post by Sam Walters)
    Find another girl to sleep with whom knows the score. Night club pull that sort of thing.
    Mehh i've tried and got a snog a couple times but it's quite difficult to actually persuade a girl to leave the safety of her friends to go home with some random stranger. Especially when your not at uni. Is it really worth all the £ you spend in clubs when your not really guaranteed a pull.

I think it's a big myth that people actually go home with strangers they've pulled in clubs, probably knew each other before hand.

Then there's the fact that I'm still at home with the parents etc.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Give her a TSR Calender?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Mehh i've tried and got a snog a couple times but it's quite difficult to actually persuade a girl to leave the safety of her friends to go home with some random stranger. Especially when your not at uni. Is it really worth all the £ you spend in clubs when your not really guaranteed a pull.

I think it's a big myth that people actually go home with strangers they've pulled in clubs, probably knew each other before hand.

Then there's the fact that I'm still at home with the parents etc.
    You've targeted it right there.....social pressure..so get her friends to like you.

All the money? Like what? You're out anyway. I do nights out including entry for less than £20 but then again. I don't drink.

You think its a big myth....I can tell you now. Its not.

Your biggest issue is you're so intent in pulling and it shows. Have the intent of just having fun with the night and you will do much better. You would be surprised how much sub conscious communication plays a part.

ReputationRep:
    From the signs you've described, she seems to like you. Don't just "pull" her and then leave it at that. If you're not interested in a relationship, let her know that, because otherwise you will break her heart.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by miniteen)
    From the signs you've described, she seems to like you. Don't just "pull" her and then leave it at that. If you're not interested in a relationship, let her know that, because otherwise you will break her heart.
    Totally agree, OP don't just go looking for one thing if she really likes you because you'll break her heart and she will end up resenting you.

I previously worked at this place and in my last month there a new girl came. She was really shy and almost hostile at first but I had to help her out every now and then so i'd only talk to her to help her really.

In the last week or so she started giving me the smiles and was much more open to me, we didn't get that much of an oppurtunity to talk but I could tell she liked me. On my last day I was saying my goodbyes to everyone and she overheard and said "ohhh, thats really sad" and I could tell it had genuinely lessened her mood.

I had the oppurtunity to meet her a few weeks back when I met up with some of my friends from the old place who invited some of the other colleagues along. I didn't get that much of an oppurtunity to test the waters as we was all going round as a group together, but when I did get her alone I was making her laugh and trying to get to know her.

She has this habbit of peeping around at me when she thinks i'm not looking and gets really nervous around me, I know these aren't definite signs but you never really are 100% when it comes to girls anyway.

I've made a fb in the last week and I've seen hers, probably going to add her and start talking to her. Just wondering how do you make a connection with somebody over text ? Never really been experienced in this kinda thing. I don't want to come off too strong as i'm not 100% sure she likes me and don't want to **** up badly as she would probably tell her friend who will then tell my whole workplace etc .

I don't mean to sound like a prick either but i'm not really looking for a relationship right now, so if I could get somewhere with this girl without tying myself down that'd be great.

I'm 19 and she's 17 soon to be 18.

Any help is appreciated, I really don't know where to begin as i'm not the most experienced of guys.

You've targeted it right there.....social pressure..so get her friends to like you.

I know the importance of social proof mate. In general getting a kiss or physical with a girl in a club is piss easy, there have been times when i've snogged girls without even leaving the smoking area. But to persuade a girl who isn't drunk off her head to leave the sole friend she came with is almost impossible in my experience (again it might be difficult at university as your all heading the same direction anyway)

All the money? Like what? You're out anyway. I do nights out including entry for less than £20 but then again. I don't drink.

For me to go clubbing every time I feel the urge to pull it would cost loads. Living in London, a decent night out at a decent venue will set you back at least £40 - including £10 entry,£10 travel, Jagerbombs as expensive as £4.50 in the best clubs. etc

You think its a big myth....I can tell you now. Its not.

Your biggest issue is you're so intent in pulling and it shows. Have the intent of just having fun with the night and you will do much better. You would be surprised how much sub conscious communication plays a part.

I really don't mean to sound cocky here but I know this, it's why I only go clubbing to places I enjoy and have pulled numerous times at these locations , but I never took one girl home because they are always adamant to leave with the friends they came with.

It might be different later in life but teenage girls are so insecure they won't go to the toilet alone, what makes you think they'd let their friend leave them for some random guy ?
    See reply in bold.

(Original post by miniteen)
    If it even gets to that stage i'll make sure she knows i'm not invested in anything, i'm not the heartbreaking type.

ReputationRep:
    See reply in bold.
    Well you don't know as you aren't doing it. You may have the knowledge but its not imparted in you.

Why restrict yourself to nightclubs?

Why not chat to people in the day, find out what they are up to later and if they are not going out either arrange for them to come with you on said night out? If you don't do so well through the night you can call them. Call not text..

Online dating. It cant hurt to increase your ability to connect with more people. A date involving a few drinks in a nearby pub to the place you want to go. Then head to that club. You've gone to two places. So two experiences increasing the emotional connection. Same situation applies with people you meet in the day.

Again back to the calling and a situation I've been in a few times. I generally hop between clubs and bars on nights out. 2 maybe 3 places. So meet someone in the first place. Get a number, make sure her friends like you. Get her number as you are going to x club with your friends. Perhaps suggest they come along. If they want to do something else no worries. Call her at the end of the night.

I really don't mean to sound cocky here but I know this

Clearly you don't otherwise you wouldn't have problems with it. You may have the idea in your mind but its not part of you. This conveys outwardly to people.

Well you don't know as you aren't doing it. You may have the knowledge but its not imparted in you.

Why restrict yourself to nightclubs?

Why not chat to people in the day, find out what they are up to later and if they are not going out either arrange for them to come with you on said night out? If you don't do so well through the night you can call them. Call not text..

Online dating. It cant hurt to increase your ability to connect with more people. A date involving a few drinks in a nearby pub to the place you want to go. Then head to that club. You've gone to two places. So two experiences increasing the emotional connection. Same situation applies with people you meet in the day.

Again back to the calling and a situation I've been in a few times. I generally hop between clubs and bars on nights out. 2 maybe 3 places. So meet someone in the first place. Get a number, make sure her friends like you. Get her number as you are going to x club with your friends. Perhaps suggest they come along. If they want to do something else no worries. Call her at the end of the night.

I really don't mean to sound cocky here but I know this

Clearly you don't otherwise you wouldn't have problems with it. You may have the idea in your mind but its not part of you. This conveys outwardly to people.
    Thanks for such an elaborate reply. I just don't think it's my style and far too much effort.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for such an elaborate reply. I just don't think it's my style and far too much effort.
    Well clearly your "style" isn't working and you don't have the drive to make it happen so stop complaining and accept that this is how its going to be.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.