Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

First of all - hello everyone

I'm a Polish student and I've been seriously considering Aberystwyth as my choice of university. I've already applied and am going to give the scholarship exam a go.
    My biggest fear, though, is living there when (or if) I get a place at the uni.

I've read about acommodation being a problem in Aberystwyth, but it doesn't affect me on my first year I guess.
    What I'm worried about are prices and salaries there - is it possible to live off the money you earn by yourself and study at the same time? I don't know much about earnings and fees in the UK so I'm not really sure if I can safely manage there on my own, without relying on parents' money. I would like to find a job as soon as I arrive and I probably won't have to pay tuition fees (only accomodation and living, and I'll probably choose the cheapest option).

Long story short: Can I count on my job alone when it comes to living in Aberystwyth and studying at the same time? Is finding a job troublesome there? Or maybe it's easier if you really try hard and actually want to find a job? Is 1 month enough to find a job that earns me enough to survive?

Thank you all in advance

Hey there. I am currently studying at Aberystwyth University and in my first year. I don't know if your question has been answered by the university but if not here's mine. hope it's ok!

The best thing you could do now is email the careers department about getting a job and support with money. The email is [email protected].

Good luck with everything! And any questions about the uni feel free to ask
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.