Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lost interest in crush ? Normal ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been crushing on a girl at uni, and have been talking to her throughout our time at uni mainly in library and some lectures, I did like her however its mainly me making the effort going up to her and talking to her we have some alright conversations, however she rarely comes up to me and due to that reason I have actually lost interest in her.

I dont see the point in me going up to her all the time and nothing on her behalf, the way I see it, now its pretty one sided. So due to that reason I have lost interest. My friend did mention to her I liked her and she still did speak to me normally and maturaly and I admire that, some girls can be awkward when a guy likes them and not talk to them.

Is it normal to just lose interest because she isnt interested ? Some guys will probably dwell over her. Im ready to move on. To me theres no point asking her out as she doesnt make much of an effort to talk to me. Im happy with leaving it at friendship or uni mates.

So what do you think ?

ReputationRep:
    As you probably know, people talk and interact differently, she could just be very awkward at things like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilmurod Dilmu)
    As you probably know, people talk and interact differently, she could just be very awkward at things like that
    But she talks to me normally depsite her knowing I have a crush on her ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat as you really. In Sixth Form, I mostly initiate conversation with her and when I can't see her alone, I usually sit by her and her friends and try and talk to her directly and getting to know more about her, but I usually have a few 'ice-breakers' as her friends are in my Psychology class. I think that her friends would get some hints that I like her, but she's never really stepping up as she can be very shy.

All I can say is that you should give it a shot by continuing to talk to her (outside of a Uni setting) and try and give subtle hints that you're interested, and then ask her out for dinner or spend a night together and take it from there. It's just so that she can be a bit more confident and comfortable I guess.

ReputationRep:
    She might just be waiting for you to tell her yourself that you like her because she may have thought your friend was winding her up or something. Personally I think you should tell her, you've already seen that she's not going to make a big deal about it if she doesn't feel the same.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's normal to lose interest over a crush. That's why it's called a crush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldiers)
    I'm in the same boat as you really. In Sixth Form, I mostly initiate conversation with her and when I can't see her alone, I usually sit by her and her friends and try and talk to her directly and getting to know more about her, but I usually have a few 'ice-breakers' as her friends are in my Psychology class. I think that her friends would get some hints that I like her, but she's never really stepping up as she can be very shy.

All I can say is that you should give it a shot by continuing to talk to her (outside of a Uni setting) and try and give subtle hints that you're interested, and then ask her out for dinner or spend a night together and take it from there. It's just so that she can be a bit more confident and comfortable I guess.
    Yeah like I said I will keep on talking to her about work and uni, thats what I do generally with people, but in my mind it wont be about me crushing on her it will be just a normal chat.

Obviously when you crush on someone, its different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justme:-))
    She might just be waiting for you to tell her yourself that you like her because she may have thought your friend was winding her up or something. Personally I think you should tell her, you've already seen that she's not going to make a big deal about it if she doesn't feel the same.
    But surely she would come up to me a bit more and try to stimulate the conversation a little more ie ask me about my work, which she does but its minimal. My friends were saying she may want me to make more effort to acutally realise I like her.

ReputationRep:
    Just ask her out. What have you got to lose?

If she says yes, congratulations. If she says no, at least you know that she doesn't like you that way.

+ If you've lost interest, what's the problem with that? Just move on lol.

ReputationRep:
    She's either playing it cool or friendzoning you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMBCFC)
    But surely she would come up to me a bit more and try to stimulate the conversation a little more ie ask me about my work, which she does but its minimal. My friends were saying she may want me to make more effort to acutally realise I like her.
    I've been the shy girl before and I have been so unsure that I have tried to act so uninterested that the guy I liked didn't know but when he came up to me and just stated that he did but he didn't want things to get awkward between us but he just wanted me to know we ended up going out. I'm just saying, you have nothing to lose by just telling her, the worst case is that you'll be how you are now

ReputationRep:
    Its normal. I get over crushes within a week (celebs, online etc.) or a month MAX for those in real life. Dont think ive ever liked someone for more than that lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by `Jts)
    Just ask her out. What have you got to lose?

If she says yes, congratulations. If she says no, at least you know that she doesn't like you that way.

+ If you've lost interest, what's the problem with that? Just move on lol.
    Thats what im saying I dont want to ask her out lol. I was just thinking is it normal, some people can dwell over crushes not having interest in them but to me I can just accept it. I just dont get how I lost interest that quick lol.

ReputationRep:
    I've been the shy girl before and I have been so unsure that I have tried to act so uninterested that the guy I liked didn't know but when he came up to me and just stated that he did but he didn't want things to get awkward between us but he just wanted me to know we ended up going out. I'm just saying, you have nothing to lose by just telling her, the worst case is that you'll be how you are now
    True. Shes confident though but I understand were your coming from. Personally I dont see any point in pursing her due to the fact she dosent come up to me, like I said when we talk there isnt much 'spark'.

ReputationRep:
    Thats what im saying I dont want to ask her out lol. I was just thinking is it normal, some people can dwell over crushes not having interest in them but to me I can just accept it. I just dont get how I lost interest that quick lol.
    It's completely normal. I think everyone eventually loses interest over time if nothing happens lol.

ReputationRep:
    True. Shes confident though but I understand were your coming from. Personally I dont see any point in pursing her due to the fact she dosent come up to me, like I said when we talk there isnt much 'spark'.
    Well if there's no 'spark' what is it that is bothering you so much? It all comes down to whether you want her to know for definite and if you want an answer as to whether anything could ever happen between you both. If you do you just need to tell her, if you do don't dramatize it or make it into a big thing just let her know for definite and if not then you have nothing to worry about and you can simply carry on how you are and see if anything materializes or not

ReputationRep:
    But if shes waiting to find out if I ACTUALLY do like her what happens then ? Considering she dosent talk much in the first place ?

ReputationRep:
    But if shes waiting to find out if I ACTUALLY do like her what happens then ? Considering she dosent talk much in the first place ?
    Then you'll see how it goes. You never know, she might really open up to you and it could be the start of something real or it could just end up being nothing but you're never going to find out if you don't just go for it. I can't really predict what will happen then, but whatever it is, at least you will be able to get on with it instead of doing whatever you are now

ReputationRep:
    I have been crushing on a girl at uni, and have been talking to her throughout our time at uni mainly in library and some lectures, I did like her however its mainly me making the effort going up to her and talking to her we have some alright conversations, however she rarely comes up to me and due to that reason I have actually lost interest in her.

I dont see the point in me going up to her all the time and nothing on her behalf, the way I see it, now its pretty one sided. So due to that reason I have lost interest. My friend did mention to her I liked her and she still did speak to me normally and maturaly and I admire that, some girls can be awkward when a guy likes them and not talk to them.

Is it normal to just lose interest because she isnt interested ? Some guys will probably dwell over her. Im ready to move on. To me theres no point asking her out as she doesnt make much of an effort to talk to me. Im happy with leaving it at friendship or uni mates.

So what do you think ?
    Yeah, I can understand why you would feel this way.

Although everybody's different, and not everybody explicitly shows how they feel about others. But anyway, if your relationship is meant to develop, it will. Just see what happens, I guess. Leave the door open?

ReputationRep:
    Then you'll see how it goes. You never know, she might really open up to you and it could be the start of something real or it could just end up being nothing but you're never going to find out if you don't just go for it. I can't really predict what will happen then, but whatever it is, at least you will be able to get on with it instead of doing whatever you are now
    Lol. It's just thinking like I said it wouldn't matter on my behalf if I didn't ask her I won't regret it. But yeah whatever will be, will be ☺

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.