Many muslim supported Paris attack & celebrated it

Watch
Ace123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Now of course this is not all muslim but clearly a significant proportion of muslim supported the Paris attacks. So many muslims supported the attacks that the following hashtags were widely used

#TheLoneWolvesTerrifyFrance
#I_Am_A_Muslim_The_Charlie_Incid ent_Represents_Me
#ParisIsBurning.

http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/...109-story.html

Thoughts-is it time we (& particularly politicians) admit the attacks are linked to Islam and that many muslims support them
InnerTemple
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh so there are more than four Islamic extremists in the world!?

Well bugger me.
TajwarC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ace123)
Now of course this is not all muslim but clearly a significant proportion of muslim supported the Paris attacks. So many muslims supported the attacks that the following hashtags were widely used

#TheLoneWolvesTerrifyFrance
#I_Am_A_Muslim_The_Charlie_Incid ent_Represents_Me
#ParisIsBurning.

http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/...109-story.html

Thoughts-is it time we (& particularly politicians) admit the attacks are linked to Islam and that many muslims support them
I really doubt several tweets represent a "significant" proportion of Muslims...
Simes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by InnerTemple)

Well bugger me.
I doubt they will, they consider it liwat.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yawn.
Frankfurt.School
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Muslims are practically a majority in France these days. Vote a party who will end this, even if they're racist who cares? it's us or them. We only have one homeland, they're occupying ours.
young_guns
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Well bugger me.
Well, I think the beliefs of Muslims are relevant here. Polls of the Muslim world clearly show that a very large proportion of Muslims support the use of violence against people merely for what they think, let alone what they do.

For example, the levels of support for murdering apostates is as follows;

Bangladesh - 44%
Lebanon - 46%
Palestinian territories - 66%
Pakistan - 76%
Afghanistan - 79%

Even in so-called liberal Malaysia 62% of Muslims support executing apostates.

You can find similar levels of support for stoning adulterers.

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/t...-about-sharia/

So... we have a religion for which the founding texts are quite violent (that cannot be disputed, the Quran calls for violence against all sorts of people in ways which are simply barbaric), the founder of the religion was a warlord who spread his beliefs at the point of a sword, large numbers of the adherents of this religion believe that violence is justified merely for what people think or say, and a small but significant proportion act on those violent beliefs.

Given the above, can anyone really say "This violence has no link to Islam, it has nothing to do with the religion"?

Tbh, I'm sick of people telling us that "Islam means peace" (it doesn't, it means submission) or that it's a "great religion" or highly tolerant. It's not; the Islamic world stands in its own league when it comes to persecution of homosexuals, of the repression of womens rights, of violence for theological reasons.

We can't have a real and genuine debate until left liberals and Muslims start being honest with themselves and with us.
young_guns
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Frankfurt.School)
Muslims are practically a majority in France these days
What are you talking about? There are like 5 million Muslims in France, and it has a population of over 65 million.

How is that anywhere near being a majority?
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I highly doubt true Muslims would celebrate something like this.
Save The Whites
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Who floods Europe with mass immigration and why are only White countries forced to become multicultural? could this have anything to do with this New World Order our puppet politicians often speak of?White human rights, stop all genocidal immigration now!
TorpidPhil
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
No true scotsman fallacy.
young_guns
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Leaving aside the No True Scotsman fallacy, how would you define a "true" Muslim? Why are you the one to decide?

It could be that, looking methodically and logically at the underlying texts, these murderers were totally justified as far as the language of the Quran and hadiths go.

As I have pointed out above, hundreds of millions of Muslims support using violence against someone merely for what they think. That can't be irrelevant to the use of actual violence by adherents of that same religion
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Save The Whites)
Who floods Europe with mass immigration and why are only White countries forced to become multicultural? could this have anything to do with this New World Order our puppet politicians often speak of?White human rights, stop all genocidal immigration now!
Those poor indigenous white people of the USA and Australia huh. There was no genocide involved when these lands were taken. Oh no :rolleyes: Globalisation and multiculturism are intertwined. If you want to go back to the 19th century, you should consider emigrating.
InnerTemple
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by young_guns)
Well, I think the beliefs of Muslims are relevant here. Polls of the Muslim world clearly show that a very large proportion of Muslims support the use of violence against people merely for what they think, let alone what they do.

For example, the levels of support for murdering apostates is as follows;

Bangladesh - 44%
Lebanon - 46%
Palestinian territories - 66%
Pakistan - 76%
Afghanistan - 79%
What are the figures for Christians or other faiths I wonder? In any event, there are sources to suggest that, compared to other religions, Muslims are least likely to condone violence.

Many religious texts are violent. God loved nothing more than a good old massacre when someone pissed him off!

I do think it is silly to pretend that there isn't an issue somewhere. I don't think that religion is the whole issue. That said, I do think that attempts to tarnish an entire religion and its followers ought to be challenged. I am lucky enough to be friends with many Muslims who all take their religion seriously. They are also stand up folk and great friends.
erudite
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is such BS?! I would never support a terrorist act or the use of violence against innocents!! Nor would my family or friends or frankly any good human being I know. Yawwwwn at this thread x
`Jts
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The Paris Attacks were not linked to the religion of Islam in any way whatsoever. I don't know any Muslim that supports the Paris Attacks but there are probably a few that do, without a doubt. But that doesn't mean you should blame the attacks on Islam due to an ignorant minority of Muslims.
Sweet2000
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In case you didn't notice, there is huge difference between not agreeing with what he has published and supporting the attacks.

Many non-muslims also voiced their negative opinions about his controversial cartoons after they've done their research.

Not to mention that these tweets are mostly from people, muslims included, who are disagreeing with the offensive hashtags (which were probably initially seeded by only a couple of people) thus giving them more weight and popularity while actually holding the opposite view.

Which means they're not in any way indicative of anything statistically significant.
young_guns
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What are the figures for Christians or other faiths I wonder?
Maybe academics would be researching that question if there was a massive suicide bombing problem in Christian communities?

In any event, there are sources to suggest that, compared to other religions, Muslims are least likely to condone violence.
Oh really? I should like to see those sources, I consider myself fairly well read and informed and I have never heard that. Ever.

I wonder... what do you think people in the Muslim world think about gay people? Do you think it's likely a majority of people in the Muslim world would probably support some degree of violence against LGBT people (particularly if it was their child)?

At what point to do you trade off the rights of LGBT people and women so you can still feel right-on about Islam?

Many religious texts are violent. God loved nothing more than a good old massacre when someone pissed him off!
Indeed. And if Christians were still acting on those texts in large numbers, then I would be critical in equal measure.

I despise all religion, I am a militant atheist. And as it currently stands, no religion sanctions as much violence against women, homosexuals, against people merely for what they think, than Islam does.

I do think it is silly to pretend that there isn't an issue somewhere. I don't think that religion is the whole issue. That said, I do think that attempts to tarnish an entire religion and its followers ought to be challenged.
How is Islam tarnished? I mean, what do you believe are the fundamental positive bits that I've somehow missed? That make up for all the violence?

I am lucky enough to be friends with many Muslims who all take their religion seriously. They are also stand up folk and great friends.
I have Muslim friends too, and they know I despise all forms of religion, and they themselves have learned much from our debates (as I have). What I have learned is that the only way to be a Muslim and a genuinely good person is to ignore many of the fundamental tenets of the religion (that is the same as Christianity and Judaism).
InnerTemple
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maybe academics would be researching that question if there was a massive suicide bombing problem in Christian communities?
So there aren't any? Renders the figures pretty meaningless.

Oh really? I should like to see those sources, I consider myself fairly well read and informed and I have never heard that. Ever.
There was a Gallup poll and a Populous poll that I am aware of.

I wonder... what do you think people in the Muslim world think about gay people? Do you think it's likely a majority of people in the Muslim world would probably support some degree of violence against LGBT people (particularly if it was their child)?
I'd imagine that there are a range of opinions on this subject throughout the faith. Just as there are in many other faiths. It would therefore be impossible say what the "Muslim world" things of gay people.

How is Islam tarnished? I mean, what do you believe are the fundamental positive bits that I've somehow missed? That make up for all the violence?
I wasn't accusing you of tarnishing Islam.
TheBBQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Typical tbh! Not surprised.

Lmfao :rofl: not even 10 posts in and this has appeared. Wow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
61.08%
No (77)
20.81%
Not sure (67)
18.11%

Watched Threads