Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Make me believe in God by an ex muslim (I think) watch

ReputationRep:
    Really questioning my belief in God.. Just wondering what makes everyone else believe in a God

ReputationRep:
    Do you have faith?

What is it you are questioning? Your belief in God, what you see being done in its name, organised religion, attracted to something else? Or just having doubts?

ReputationRep:
    ive passed the stage of doubt, im looking for anything to prove to me that im making a mistake in leaving my religion. i guess, from an early age ive just though of religion as one big fairy tale, something people have made and changed to put their unanswered questions at bay, something to give this life purpose and meaning. At first it was just me finding the stories of the Quran hard to comprehend, a man getting swallowed by a Whale, the sea splitting in two or a massive ark in 2015, i mean we have i phone 6+ and **** man! but no its become a question of is religion actually good? i mean it doesnt really promote critical thinking, or art, fashion, science etc and it is actually quite judgmental and sexist. i want to keep this as brief as possible but im happy to elaborate much more if you want me to, it'll be long though.

ReputationRep:
    So you want to believe in god or you want to be a muslim? Soz you dont make it that clear...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Look fam how bloody clear do you want it. Bloody hell. Listen now, I have serious doubts about religion, you with me so far? And what makes you believe in God? Got it? fool.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe in a God

It's sweet to think that there is someone up there looking over you but it's not true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faizan07)
    Look fam how bloody clear do you want it. Bloody hell. Listen now, I have serious doubts about religion, you with me so far? And what makes you believe in God? Got it? fool.
    Wow whats got you??? I just wanted to make sure what it was you were asking?? There is absolutely no reason to be so rude. Speaking as someone who was born a Muslim but no longer is one I understand where you're coming from...if you want people to get involved I would tone down ur attitude..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elhm1800)
    Wow whats got you??? I just wanted to make sure what it was you were asking?? There is absolutely no reason to be so rude. Speaking as someone who was born a Muslim but no longer is one I understand where you're coming from...if you want people to get involved I would tone down ur attitude..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol chill man. I need to have a snickers

ReputationRep:
    Lol chill man. I need to have a snickers
    Haha ok...I understand

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ive passed the stage of doubt, im looking for anything to prove to me that im making a mistake in leaving my religion. i guess, from an early age ive just though of religion as one big fairy tale, something people have made and changed to put their unanswered questions at bay, something to give this life purpose and meaning. At first it was just me finding the stories of the Quran hard to comprehend, a man getting swallowed by a Whale, the sea splitting in two or a massive ark in 2015, i mean we have i phone 6+ and **** man! but no its become a question of is religion actually good? i mean it doesnt really promote critical thinking, or art, fashion, science etc and it is actually quite judgmental and sexist. i want to keep this as brief as possible but im happy to elaborate much more if you want me to, it'll be long though.
    in my humble opinion, either someone takes religious texts metaphorically, or they make absolutely no sense

if you take texts metaphorically, even the strangest narrations (such as Jonah, Noah, Adam and Eve etc) can be constructed to make some kind of moral sense

however, it is a huge effort, and most people will disagree on what exactly the metaphorical sense is

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.