The Student Room Group

Would you have one of your legs removed for £10,000,000?

Scroll to see replies

If I could get a well fitting bionic leg then yeah, probably. I have lots of sympathy for amputees and stuff but I imagine I wouldn't get phantom limb syndrome or depression from it because a) it wasn't a traumatic loss, and b), £££££££££.
Original post by Stefano93
I would, who's to say you will walk out tomorrow and a car wouldn't come flying into you forcing your other leg to be amputated?

Even the 3rd leg? :colone:
Great show!
Original post by 105263
What the **** is wrong with you. Giving up your legs for 10m.. Creeps

But...money!

Im pretty sure with 10 million, you can pay someone to just.. wheel you about
Original post by ForgetMe
Even the 3rd leg? :colone:

That one. No. No amount of money, will make me chop that off....
No way. Not even my little toe.
Hell yes
I think I would if I were living a crap homeless life.

Otherwise, no; I want money right now, but not that badly.
I broke my leg once and being virtually housebound because you are stuck in a cast is absolutely soul destroying. You don't appreciate such a simple thing like being able to walk normally until it's taken away from you.
I'd be able to get a really good prosthetic leg for a lot less than that and have loads to spare, so probably.
Absolutely no way
Reply 52
Original post by The_Internet
But...money!

Im pretty sure with 10 million, you can pay someone to just.. wheel you about

Considering the long term emotional damages and the loss of potential in someones lifetime it wouldn't be worth it.

What saddens me the most about this scenario and with Humanity in particular is that a lot of people would actually do this, which shows the devastating effect money has on people.

And I'm not even a lefty.
Reply 53
[h="1"]This discussions reminds me of :-

“Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?" Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!" Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”
[/h]
Nope. That's just stupid.
No I'm fine thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Internet
That one. No. No amount of money, will make me chop that off....

Are you sure? :colone:
Original post by ForgetMe
Are you sure? :colone:

Yeah Id DEFINITELY like to keep that. Thanks! :biggrin:
Hmm prosthetic legs yeah I'd do it personally. Losing a leg isn't as bad as losing an arm I don't think and in this day and age I probably will be able to get a life looking leg in 5-10 years. But I'm not going to be getting £10M in that time without divine intervention.
Reply 59
Definitely not.

10million can be earned, I would sooner have full ability to move.

Quick Reply

Latest