The Student Room Group

Why I'm not Charlie and never will be

Scroll to see replies

Je ne suis pas je ne suis pas charlie
seriously who buys these magazines? It's full of crap !
#killallmuslims was trending in the United Kingdom, along with #jesuischarlie.

From the link you provided:

http://40.media.tumblr.com/a0f2427ab9ff2d5e4f33bae81f159752/tumblr_nhtmd3ALf41qe88l7o2_400.png
Je ne suis pas Charlie. For sure.
Original post by Dexa
Forget the jibe, why can't you answer my question?

As you have already been told in the other thread, one can choose their religion, one cannot choose their race.
Original post by SophiaLDN

And why is it that?
Original post by joe01223
seriously who buys these magazines? It's full of crap !
I read Charlie Hebdo quite a few times

they are actually very funny

did you read Charlie Hebdo ? most of it is in colloquial French. You need a good knowledge of French to understand it, especially the puns and jokes
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SophiaLDN
if you like censorship and despise intellectual freedom, then go for it

enjoy
How come so many people in France are called Charlie
Original post by Guy Secretan
How come so many people in France are called Charlie
Charlie Hebdo's title is a hommage to Charlie Brown, from the Peanuts comic strip by Charles Schultz
Reply 50
what these Muslims did was wrong, but I'm sorry these people were not innocent. They were incredibly blasphemous and Anti-Islamic, I mean how would you like it if someone drew nude cartoons of someone so noble to your religion, Muslims all over the world were angered by this, something that happened in France caused massive protests in the Middle East. And yet they carried on, and what was there excuse?? 'freedom of expression'! What about freedom of expression when wearing the Hijab(headscarf)?? I condemn at what the gunmen did but they had it coming to them. JE NE SUIS PAS CHARLIE
Original post by mkap
what these Muslims did was wrong, but I'm sorry these people were not innocent. They were incredibly blasphemous and Anti-Islamic, I mean how would you like it if someone drew nude cartoons of someone so noble to your religion, Muslims all over the world were angered by this, something that happened in France caused massive protests in the Middle East. And yet they carried on, and what was there excuse?? 'freedom of expression'! What about freedom of expression when wearing the Hijab(headscarf)?? I condemn at what the gunmen did but they had it coming to them. JE NE SUIS PAS CHARLIE

I am offended by your remark. So if I kill you, did you have it coming?
Reply 52
Original post by mkap

Your faith is not so strong if you feel threatened by cartoonists.
Reply 53
Original post by DiddyDec
I am offended by your remark. So if I kill you, did you have it coming?

I didn't say they should have been murdered, but that so many Muslim's were angered by this it was bound to happen
Original post by mkap
I didn't say they should have been murdered, but that so many Muslim's were angered by this it was bound to happen

You would have brought it on yourself by offending me.
Reply 55
There is a clear difference between a satirical cartoon and murder.
Reply 56
offending you by my opinion, this is SO different from the offence of the Charlie Hebdo magazine caused
Reply 57
Original post by mkap

You're angering me, be careful.
Reply 58
Original post by Josb
You're angering me, be careful.

Angering you by my opinion?
Original post by mkap
offending you by my opinion, this is SO different from the offence of the Charlie Hebdo magazine caused

No it isn't it is one party being offended by something another party has said.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending