I'm interested in... Finance, Banking etc

My study level is... A-level (A2)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aly418)
    I'm studying... Economics, Maths, Further Maths and Law

I'm interested in... Finance, Banking etc

My study level is... A-level (A2)
    Hey, welcome to TSR.

This might sound weird and you don't really have to answer it but may I ask how you are finding law? I've always wanted to know what it's like from a student's point of view

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

ReputationRep:
    Well AS level was a bit of a drag. ELS is a boring unit. It's quite full on and really content heavy. If I hadn't used a risky strategy, I probably wouldn't have did as well as I did. A2 (well A2 criminal law) is interesting but the workload is intense.

Lots of my AS class didn't do too well but I guess towards the end a lot of them weren't motivated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are you studying:getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are you studying:getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm currently in my GCSEs and I'm doing English Lit. and Lang, Maths, Triple Science, RE, French, History and ICT. Are you thinking of going to LSE? Because it seems like everyone I asked who wants to do business or finance are aiming to go there.

P.S.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to LSE but no reply yet :-(. Just got rejected by Cambridge for Land Economy. Got pooled, but....

What industry do you want to go into? Triple science. I did that back in the day. It seems like most schools are doing it nowadays.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I applied to LSE but no reply yet :-(. Just got rejected by Cambridge for Land Economy. Got pooled, but....

What industry do you want to go into? Triple science. I did that back in the day. It seems like most schools are doing it nowadays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, good luck. I hope you get accepted.

I'm considering going into Forensic Science, computers or Engineering but I dunno, my grades may not be good enough for those.

Btw, no offence, but "back in my day"? I'm pretty sure you can't use that joke till you're 27 or in your 30s. That's what it says in the Book. "Thou shalt not use 'in the olden days' jokes till thou art ten and twenty.".......

Sorry 'bout that. That was a really sad joke, I know. 😓

P.S.

ReputationRep:
    Point taken. I guess since I'm 17 it is technically still 'the day' but in my defence GCSE really does feel that long ago

Eesh forensic science, computers and engineering. I would say GCSE doesn't really matter when applying to uni it's more the AS grades. I assume you're gonna take maths for AS?

P.S. Is P.S. Sorry for the horrible grammar your tagline or something because I swear you're not old enough for one of those

ReputationRep:
    Point taken. I guess since I'm 17 it is technically still 'the day' but in my defence GCSE really does feel that long ago

Eesh forensic science, computers and engineering. I would say GCSE doesn't really matter when applying to uni it's more the AS grades. I assume you're gonna take maths for AS?

P.S. Is P.S. Sorry for the horrible grammar your tagline or something because I swear you're not old enough for one of those
    Yeah, biology and chem too. I'm still a bit undecided about my last subject though cause while I am passionate about history, I might need physics and I'm interested in psychology and gov & politics so..... yeah.

I have a really, in my opinion and not TSRs cause no offence but generally, people here are crazy smart, high GCSE predictions except in French so even if I pass, I'll still fail in my teachers' eyes.

P.S.

Sorta, it's an inside joke between me and a friend and it's easier to just say it out loud (or is it type it?) than listen to someone tell you that you have the grammar of a 5 yr old (true story)

ReputationRep:
    I had that problem with AS as well. Originally I picked Mathematics, Economics and Frenchvbut I was told that LSE expects Further Maths and I was flattered into taking Law :-)

I ended up taking all 5 and virtually no frees but didn't go to badly AAAAC with the C in French.

I don't regret my choices per se but I wish I had looked at other Sixth Form and considered doing Government and Politics.

But seriously?:eek: Considering all three sciences, that is hardcore. Good luck with that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had that problem with AS as well. Originally I picked Mathematics, Economics and Frenchvbut I was told that LSE expects Further Maths and I was flattered into taking Law :-)

I ended up taking all 5 and virtually no frees but didn't go to badly AAAAC with the C in French.

I don't regret my choices per se but I wish I had looked at other Sixth Form and considered doing Government and Politics.

But seriously?:eek: Considering all three sciences, that is hardcore. Good luck with that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, some of my classmates told me that I was crazy for considering the three sciences but, I am starting to like physics but mostly nuclear and electrical (?) physics.

I think I know what you mean by flattered. Cause I think that happened to me in RE, since my teacher told me that and I quote "You are really smart (insert real name here) and I believe you have the potential to get an A* but I want you to challenge yourself so take Buddhism". I was still feeling the 'high' of being told that so I said yeah. That's what I did, in the end although, to be honest, it was my second choice. My first choice was shintoism but apparently you can't take it in my school.

Did you go to your school's sixth form?

P.S.

ReputationRep:
    Yep stayed on. I didn't even bother to apply elsewhere although in hindsight perhaps I should of. In sixth form you kinda have a different perspective of your school. You can see the subtle politics and power plays between teachers. The politicking is much more obvious but it's interesting. What do you plan to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep stayed on. I didn't even bother to apply elsewhere although in hindsight perhaps I should of. In sixth form you kinda have a different perspective of your school. You can see the subtle politics and power plays between teachers. The politicking is much more obvious but it's interesting. What do you plan to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For sixth form? I'm thinking of just staying at my school, mostly because I don't want to wake up at 6 to go to a school that takes me an hour to get there and cause, the teachers that are going to teach A-level next year already thinks of me as a great, kind, hardworking student 😇. You never know when that's gonna be useful.

What do you mean by subtle politics and power plays? Do teachers really have that?

P.S.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firenze26)
    For sixth form? I'm thinking of just staying at my school, mostly because I don't want to wake up at 6 to go to a school that takes me an hour to get there and cause, the teachers that are going to teach A-level next year already thinks of me as a great, kind, hardworking student 😇. You never know when that's gonna be useful.

What do you mean by subtle politics and power plays? Do teachers really have that?

P.S.

I totally get you about the early mornings. I wish I didn't have to get up at 6.25 most days.

When your in sixth form, teachers speak more freely to you especially if you have one of those teachers who are genuinely 'down with the kids'. In KS3 and KS4 you are so oblivious but then in KS5 you see the division between the leadership group and the rest of the staff. You get to know teachers and become aware of the lies and propaganda they and the school in general spew. It's ridiculous and entertaining at the same time. But mqybe it's just my school although I doubt it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I totally get you about the early mornings. I wish I didn't have to get up at 6.25 most days.

When your in sixth form, teachers speak more freely to you especially if you have one of those teachers who are genuinely 'down with the kids'. In KS3 and KS4 you are so oblivious but then in KS5 you see the division between the leadership group and the rest of the staff. You get to know teachers and become aware of the lies and propaganda they and the school in general spew. It's ridiculous and entertaining at the same time. But mqybe it's just my school although I doubt it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've never really noticed that.... Will that make my school experience weird and tense? Cause u know what's happening behind the scenes?

Btw, 6.25!? What time is your first lesson? 8? That seems too early for a sixth-former.

P.S.

ReputationRep:
    I've never really noticed that.... Will that make my school experience weird and tense? Cause u know what's happening behind the scenes?

Btw, 6.25!? What time is your first lesson? 8? That seems too early for a sixth-former.

P.S.

Nah, it just makes it more enter. I get up at 6.25 because I get the bus to school which can take forever sometimes. P1 starts at 8.55 but I have days where I don't have be at school until 11.20. Best thing about being a 6th Former is the free periods . What time do you start school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it just makes it more enter. I get up at 6.25 because I get the bus to school which can take forever sometimes. P1 starts at 8.55 but I have days where I don't have be at school until 11.20. Best thing about being a 6th Former is the free periods . What time do you start school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    8.45 except if I have revision in the morning. I don't want to go but I need to. 😫

You're so lucky, in my school's 6F, u still have to go to school at 8.45, even if u don't have any classes till the afternoon and until you've finished all your classes that day, u can't go home. It's quite restricting compared to my sibling's, their school allows them to go to classes when they have to go to classes although they do go to school early due to the fast wi-fi.... Lucky

P.S.

ReputationRep:
    8.45 except if I have revision in the morning. I don't want to go but I need to. 😫

You're so lucky, in my school's 6F, u still have to go to school at 8.45, even if u don't have any classes till the afternoon and until you've finished all your classes that day, u can't go home. It's quite restricting compared to my sibling's, their school allows them to go to classes when they have to go to classes although they do go to school early due to the fast wi-fi.... Lucky

P.S.

Awwww! Painful ! I know people whose school day starts at 2.10 or just have 1 lesson but thinking about it it wouldn't be too bad as we have 2 private study rooms and a common room with a cafe in my sixth form :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Awwww! Painful ! I know people whose school day starts at 2.10 or just have 1 lesson but thinking about it it wouldn't be too bad as we have 2 private study rooms and a common room with a cafe in my sixth form :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You guys have a cafe?! No way. You are so lucky. But then again my school's geographical location is pretty good, I guess since there's a bunch of shops, restaurants, coffee shops and all that within a 10-25 minutes walking distance but still, lucky.

.... I actually feel a bit sad for myself that I payed attention to the word "cafe" rather than the "private study rooms". Does that make me a bad student?

P.S.

ReputationRep:
    You guys have a cafe?! No way. You are so lucky. But then again my school's geographical location is pretty good, I guess since there's a bunch of shops, restaurants, coffee shops and all that within a 10-25 minutes walking distance but still, lucky.

.... I actually feel a bit sad for myself that I payed attention to the word "cafe" rather than the "private study rooms". Does that make me a bad student?

P.S.

Yep we have a cafe, it's small and quite recent. We have a Costa, Budgens, Sainsbury's local, Pizza Hut, Dominoes, a chip shop and a chicken shop 10 minutes away but in the winter having a cafe is sooo good and let's face it private study is kinda unexciting. We only use it for private study and tutoring. The computers are so slow it's unreal. But I think more sixth forms need to invest in cafés, they really boost morale and enhance the scholarly experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.