Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Electrical Electronic or Electronic Information? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I really want to study Electrical and Electronic Engineering or Electronic and Information Engineering at Imperial College London. However, I'm unsure of what to choose.

As a career, I would like to work in a consumer electronics company as a Hardware Engineer/Architect and I'm unsure of which degree would give me a better chance at achieving this.

Can anyone give me any advice? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

The course links are here:
    EEE: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/c...c-engineering/
    EIE: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/c...n-engineering/

ReputationRep:
    The first one would be best to become an engineer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asmuse123)
    The first one would be best to become an engineer.
    Sorry, what do you mean by that? I want to work in design, is that the same thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaiDuc)
    Sorry, what do you mean by that? I want to work in design, is that the same thing?
    Well, you said you wanted to be a Hardware Engineer and Electrical and Electronic Engineering would be better for that. But Information Engineering seems like it would be better for software and Big Data.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asmuse123)
    Well, you said you wanted to be a Hardware Engineer and Electrical and Electronic Engineering would be better for that. But Information Engineering seems like it would be better for software and Big Data.
    Oh, right, Thanks! I've done some more research and looked into the exact modules offered on each course and have decided I'm going to go for EEE like you said.

Thanks again for your advice, it really helped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaiDuc)
    Oh, right, Thanks! I've done some more research and looked into the exact modules offered on each course and have decided I'm going to go for EEE like you said.

Thanks again for your advice, it really helped!
    You're welcome!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.