Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently doing Spanish GCSE, but I am not sure how I can memorise my vocab list. I really want to good in my Spanish listening and reading exams. So does anyone have any tips to so??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    BUMP
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaVinciGirl)
    I am currently doing Spanish GCSE, but I am not sure how I can memorise my vocab list. I really want to good in my Spanish listening and reading exams. So does anyone have any tips to so??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you have a list of Spanish vocab either in your text book or in your own vocab book. Either way you have say Spanish on one side the English on the other.

Choose 20. Start by repeating each one out loud 10 times. So el coche the car. Then cover up the English and see if you can remember what the Spanish means. You do it this way first because it is easier than the other way round. Any you don't know you repeat 10 times , keep going though the list until you are perfect. Remember genders are important, spellings are important.

Next cover the Spanish and try and guess them from the English. Repeat any you don't know 10 times. This is much more difficult than it sounds. Your mind will constantly wander and you will have to keep bringing it back and concentrating.

Yes I know it is boring, There are no short cuts to language learning.

Little and often is the secret. So every day start a new set of 20 and also go over the ones you did before. Any you have forgotten repeat 10 times. 30 minutes every day. EVERY DAY

You should be doing this with your lists of irregular verbs, difficult grammar points too.

You cannot revise a language in a hurry just before the exam, Good marks are won months before by this sort of painstaking constant revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pickup)
    So you have a list of Spanish vocab either in your text book or in your own vocab book. Either way you have say Spanish on one side the English on the other.

Choose 20. Start by repeating each one out loud 10 times. So el coche the car. Then cover up the English and see if you can remember what the Spanish means. You do it this way first because it is easier than the other way round. Any you don't know you repeat 10 times , keep going though the list until you are perfect. Remember genders are important, spellings are important.

Next cover the Spanish and try and guess them from the English. Repeat any you don't know 10 times. This is much more difficult than it sounds. Your mind will constantly wander and you will have to keep bringing it back and concentrating.

Yes I know it is boring, There are no short cuts to language learning.

Little and often is the secret. So every day start a new set of 20 and also go over the ones you did before. Any you have forgotten repeat 10 times. 30 minutes every day. EVERY DAY

You should be doing this with your lists of irregular verbs, difficult grammar points too.

You cannot revise a language in a hurry just before the exam, Good marks are won months before by this sort of painstaking constant revision.
    Thank you so much.
    I have a vocabulary booklet provided by my school.
    I'm going to start today, I really want to get a good grade in Spanish

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Personally, flash cards on my my phone work a treat for me. Especially seen as I can look at them anywhere.
    My school also used vocab express which is a website that I found really useful but it's like marmite.
    The main thing is to reguarly use the vocab in you writings and speakings, that's when they will stick and you'll feel more confident

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hyjacked)
    Personally, flash cards on my my phone work a treat for me. Especially seen as I can look at them anywhere.
    My school also used vocab express which is a website that I found really useful but it's like marmite.
    The main thing is to reguarly use the vocab in you writings and speakings, that's when they will stick and you'll feel more confident

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, is there a particular app that you recommend me to use a flashcards??

ReputationRep:
    I use flashcards application by tamsler
    Its quick and easy to use, you can put english on one side, spanish on the other, you can reshuffle and reverse the cards so you learn the vocab both ways and you can connect it to a website so you can use it on the computer aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The icon is a blue background with a black fc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.