Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your (offline) argument style? watch

ReputationRep:
    ad hominem ?

...........Raised voice?
    ..........................Crying?
    ................................ ....Bring others into the argument to back you up?
    .........Wait for the right moment to make the killer jab?

What is your success rate?

ReputationRep:
    Rant them into submission

success: usually

ReputationRep:
    I pick their flaws and mock them.

ReputationRep:
    i either cry and hope the argument will dissipate or i throw things and yell until they start crying and then we can both cry and be friends again

ReputationRep:
    Normally I yell jokingly and make the argument more like entertainment so we become friends after, either that or we have a hockey fight

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Physical violence.

Use logic to slowly pick apart their argument, confuse them, and manipulate them into submission.

ReputationRep:
    I literally do not shut up until either I win or there is a screaming match and they feel emotionally abused.

ReputationRep:
    I don't usually argue in person, I'm not really provoked so easily, unless people try asserting superiority, or try belittling those around him/her, or personally insulting someone. in that case I just verbally mop the floor with them; people often create unsubstantiated arguments so attacking is pretty easy, and needless to say pretty cute.

ReputationRep:
    I ask questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.