emmasmedley
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm predicted a C in maths GCSE (for Y11) I'm in Y9 now and thinking of doing GCSE statistics next year (Y10) does anyone think I would struggle doing the statistics GCSE as I'm not great at maths?:confused:
schannn13
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Even though you are predicted a C in maths, you still have PLENTY of time to prove them wrong. If you work hard, you will most definitely do well in what you want to do.

In year 6, I was predicted to get an E in GCSE maths by my high school- yes I was super dumb. But through the years, I began to work harder and currently, I'm in year 11 achieving As in my tests.

So I am pretty sure that you'll do fine. I do recommend buying revision books and practising a lot of questions.
Unbearable
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I achieved equal or higher GCSE's than all of my predicted grades and so did the majority of my friends. Don't read in to predicted grades too much and certainly don't see it as your limit. If you want to try statistics go for it - at GCSE if you put in the work you can learn it, you have time.
Yasmin-9970
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emmasmedley)
I'm predicted a C in maths GCSE (for Y11) I'm in Y9 now and thinking of doing GCSE statistics next year (Y10) does anyone think I would struggle doing the statistics GCSE as I'm not great at maths?:confused:
statistics is quite different to normal maths. THE COURSEWORK WAS HELLLL , but i got an A in the end. i recommend the statistics CGP book but i think u can do it , if you get a B in stats and a C in maths u can put your statistics grade as many top unis ask for a minimum B in maths/ statistics so theres less pressure on you to do well for maths
okay.itsdrwho
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emmasmedley)
Just saying, everyone in my year had to do statistics and that includes people getting U's to A*'s in regular maths. EVERYONE passed, and if I'm honest I think you will as well
emmasmedley
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by okay.itsdrwho)
Just saying, everyone in my year had to do statistics and that includes people getting U's to A*'s in regular maths. EVERYONE passed, and if I'm honest I think you will as well
That's amazing!! Thanks for helping 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (91)
28%
No - I have already returned home (43)
13.23%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
19.08%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.85%
No - I live at home during term anyway (97)
29.85%

Watched Threads