How long before the GCSEs did you start revising?

Watch
arjro
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Wondering how long before each of your tests you guys started revising and what grade you got.
Gott der Zweite
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hardly ever, I got 4 As 3Bs 3CS. My advise to GCSE students is to get an A level science text book and understand what a piece of piss GCSEs actually are
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Think I started at Easter. Made some revision notes about then. Memorised them the night before the exams. 9A*2A. Wouldn't recommend it, left me panicking and underperforming (wanted 10A*1A) on results day. Just start now, see how much there is to do then make sure you leave enough time. More revision can't be a bad thing
TVIO
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gott der Zweite)
Hardly ever, I got 4 As 3Bs 3CS. My advise to GCSE students is to get an A level science text book and understand what a piece of piss GCSEs actually are
Why would doing that help at all? Obviously A levels are a big step up just like a degree is a big step up, but if we could just jump stages then everyone would enrol at uni at a young age.
Gott der Zweite
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TVIO)
Why would doing that help at all? Obviously A levels are a big step up just like a degree is a big step up, but if we could just jump stages then everyone would enrol at uni at a young age.
Revising more isn't jumping stages, I am saying not to use the fact that GCSEs are so easy, as an excuse to revise less and so take advantage, where it happens to be somewhat less easy to. Everyone who I have talked to thinks similarly
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I revised 1/2 days before each exam. I like cramming, but could have done a bit better with a bit more revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AstroNandos
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I revised 1/2 days before most of my exams, but German and further maths were probably around 5 days before.

It wasn't the best idea, but I got 4A*s, 5As and 2Bs out of it so meh
Foxybo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's best to revise what you've done in lesson every week, then you can remember it better when it comes to your exams. So you won't have to as much revision before them to get the grade you want
Kolasinac138
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They're a 'piece of piss', yet you have terrible GCSE's?
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AstroNandos)
I revised 1/2 days before most of my exams, but German and further maths were probably around 5 days before.

It wasn't the best idea, but I got 4A*s, 5As and 2Bs out of it so meh
How weird, we put the same amount of revision into them, and got the same grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
AstroNandos
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Changing Skies)
How weird, we put the same amount of revision into them, and got the same grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, yeah that is pretty weird
suzywithaZY
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Last week of Easter, and then as much time as I could for science in the two weeks before exams started. History I started at Easter, Geography 2 days before the exam, French/German/English Lit/English Lang/Food Tech were all the evening before/morning before the exam.
11A*s and 1B
9823899s89jojs
Badges: 3
Report 6 years ago
This.

But seriously, I started revising properly a month or so before the exams and ofc during the exams. I got 10 A*s (w/ a distinction for Further Maths which I was bare proud of) and 2 As but looking back, if I'd learnt the content earlier I would have had an easier time bc I might have fluked a few exams or relied to heavily on exam technique for a few exams.
lerjj
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Easter holidays, although we went to Spain during them so I didn't actually get much done iirc. Was tempted to ruin everyone's holiday by constantly repeating history dates and interesting facts about coastal zones... glad I didn't though
ha27
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by thechemistress)
Last week of Easter, and then as much time as I could for science in the two weeks before exams started. History I started at Easter, Geography 2 days before the exam, French/German/English Lit/English Lang/Food Tech were all the evening before/morning before the exam.
11A*s and 1B
woww, well donee!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
MessedUpKid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Due to a fire at my house i was only able to revise from the week before exams started. I got 8As and 3Bs. To be honest, schools make GCSEs seem a lot harder than the reality
suzywithaZY
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ha27)
woww, well donee!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks
Gott der Zweite
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kolasinac138)
They're a 'piece of piss', yet you have terrible GCSE's?
They are not that bad but I am saying I realise now that they were so easy and should have revised more, surely you do aswell even if you did well
DustToDust
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Only in year 11 now but did 4 GCSE's last year and revised the night before (morning of in some cases) and got 4A's 1A*. I don't recommend it.
elizanissim
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm in Year 13..
I started revising Easter as we had January modules, too.
I'd recommend starting in February, just to ease yourself into it and get into the routine of it.
I got 7A*s, 3 As and a B.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (68)
66.67%
I don't have everything I need (34)
33.33%

Watched Threads