Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do edexcel B A2 geog who is also doing the natural hazards exam?
    How are you preparing for it?
    Cheers
    Ally
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by boxersarecool)
    Anyone do edexcel B A2 geog who is also doing the natural hazards exam?
    How are you preparing for it?
    Cheers
    Ally
    Have you had the pre-released topics? What is yours?

ReputationRep:
    mine is spatial variations in the impact of natural hazards

Question 5.2 - living with hazardous environments

what is urs?
    any idea how i should answer this question?

cheers Ally

ReputationRep:
    Just learn some case studies - you'll be fine!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jeeves)
    Just learn some case studies - you'll be fine!
    but make sure they are not JUST the standard ones in textbooks... put a few recent or unusual ones in and it could gain you extra marks on the research front.
    Also don't forget that its marked using the SAME mark scale as your human coursework report, so I think its 10 marks that's available for structure, organisation,and quality of English and good use of terminology. Make sure that you do write a proper essay based on the question not a lot of case studies, loosely held together!

ReputationRep:
    Best way is to learn cases inside out (economic, environmental and social effects including figure) plus reasons as to why are some hazards more of a threat in other areas. For example, the frequency and magnitude (usually stronger the earthquake or bigger the volcanic eruption the more the threat) level of economic development, level of preparedness, building structures, population densities....
    Is anyone going to include the Haiti floods that have just happened? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    EASY

Loved that exam! I reckon I have probably got A/B in it, which is pretty good considering I only need to get a C and I will still get an overall A plus the fact that I have been watching the footy all week!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i thought it was good also.

What question did u do?
    I did MEDC?LEDC effects.

hope it was ok

ReputationRep:
    Snap. I did that one too...even though I did know some stuff on the magnitude one, the 2nd q was a safe bet

ReputationRep:
    I know this isn't really in the correct thread, but as no-one else in here appears to have done the pollution questions, this really is the best place for my message.

Today's questions were a blessing! The pollution question i chose was about the impact of international legislation and agreements - brilliant! I was able to input my information about Polluter Pays, the Montreal Protocol, the Clean Air Initiative and other legislation, alongside my key case studies

I'm sooooooo glad that exam's out of the way! Just the synoptic now, and I'm out of the woods as far as geography is concerned.

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.