Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you be proud if your own child turned out like you have? Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Not to blow my own trumpet but I would.

ReputationRep:
    Overall yes, I mean there are some things I would want to improve like diet+exercise but otherwise I would be perfectly happy with a mini-me.

ReputationRep:
    So far sure, but I've hardly gone very far in life only being 19 and still at Uni myself. If they failed their high school education though I would be disgusted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous Coward)
    I wouldn't. I've made so many mistakes in life and I've been going through so much pain and I wouldn't want any child of mine to go through the same things I have.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm....yes and no. My child wouldn't be a murderer so that's something to be proud of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    No. I have a plethora of qualifications both academic and extracurricular but socially and emotionally I'm a stunted wreck and my family have began to suspect I have been autistic without diagnosis since birth

ReputationRep:
    Yes if im being totally honest im a good kid, just need to work on my confidence and work on my laziness

ReputationRep:
    No as I will probably commit suicide out of lonliness one day, I would never have children to bring them into the pain and suffering of this world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DailyMailIsALiar)
    No as I will probably commit suicide out of lonliness one day, I would never have children to bring them into the pain and suffering of this world.
    if you're not trolling this is really sad and you should join us at Mental Health Support Society/see your GP pronto

ReputationRep:
    Overall, yes. I have my major slip ups like any other human but majority of the time, I do good. My mother is still proud of me despite knowing the major mistakes I have done but what is life without making mistakes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    if you're not trolling this is really sad and you should join us at Mental Health Support Society/see your GP pronto

I'll go and see my GP but I doubt it would make more people here spark to me. The way we are situated here in rooms on our own is a recipe for isolation and loneliness.

Where is the support society? It'd be nice if I could join as it was nice speaking to others in te thread earlier on.

ReputationRep:
    I think I would.

ReputationRep:
    To people answering this: What does it mean to be 'proud' of your child, exactly?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    That's all I ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DailyMailIsALiar)
    I'll go and see my GP but I doubt it would make more people here spark to me. The way we are situated here in rooms on our own is a recipe for isolation and loneliness.

Where is the support society? It'd be nice if I could join as it was nice speaking to others in te thread earlier on.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2935691

(Original post by Maestosa)
    To people answering this: What does it mean to be 'proud' of your child, exactly?
    That you feel that their actions and behaviours in life and attitude towards both their life and the lives of others/society has been positive, constructive and if not successful by social standards of success, a legacy you could fondly remember with respect and admiration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2935691

That you feel that their actions and behaviours in life and attitude towards both their life and the lives of others/society has been positive, constructive and if not successful by social standards of success, a legacy you could fondly remember with respect and admiration.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Yes and no, I'm a good kid I guess (overall) and did well at school but I'm a bit of a pain in the **** if I'm totally honest

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm so lazy XD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.