The Student Room Group

Would you be proud if your own child turned out like you have?

Scroll to see replies

I'd rather they grew up in Germany and were more pro-active than I am but generally I don't consider myself to have 'turned out' yet, as I don't know what I will have become or done in the future
I (and of course they) should be so lucky.
Reply 22
As long as they didn't take the same path... I'm at a decent point right now, though maybe I could do with a better love life and work ethic haha

But I definitely would not want them doing the same things as I did when I was younger. My younger sister would be a pretty good example of how I would like my kid to grow up.
i would be very proud
Reply 24
I'd be really worried.
Insofar, I suppose so. Though I would want my kids (whenever I may have them) to turn out better than myself.
Yes and no. I have good qualities but also a lot of bad qualities that probably outweigh the good ones. :redface:
Reply 27
That's a good question. But no because different personalties are interesting because you learn new things and gain different experiences.
Erm... tough question.

I'd hope that my children will grow up to do better for themselves than I did. Not that my life is so dreadful, but things can always be better, and people always want the very best for their children.

My daughter in particular is very gifted academically, and I think if she ended up with a life like mine she would be wasting her abilities. Saying that though, if she was happy and comfortable then that would be her choice and I'd just be happy for her.

I don't think I could ever NOT be proud of my children as long as they were respectable, financially comfortable, and happy, above all happy, that's the main thing I wish for them.
Yes, not that my life has gone badly, and not that I am a terrible person or anything, but I think I wouldn't be an awfully great person to wish my life to be the bar for them.
I suppose I'd at least try to.
I'd like them to be even better than I am so no.
pride is a negative emotion
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
I'd like them to be even better than I am so no.

This
I would hate for a child to turn out like me, but would be proud of them if they turned out like me nonetheless :cool:
no.

Not because I am not happy with myself - but because I think its natrual that eveyone wants their kids to achieve more then them.

Just seems natrual to want the best for them.. and whilst I am happy with what I have achieved and done, I will always want my kids to follow their own path, which will hopefully lead to far more

Quick Reply

Latest