Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Question to all TSR women from a twenty year old handsome guy :) watch

Hi,

I have recently made myself conscious of the possibility that my european yugoslavian heritage, might not make me viable for women? I am a 20 year old male and have been beating myself up lately. I had always regarded myself as english, as what else can I be if I have spent the majority of my life here? I only resonate with England and America culturally.

I am currently at a top 20 university studying Economics. I grew up in England from the age of 4.

How much does this matter for women, it has never been a problem thus far and nobody has mentioned it nor said anything (Possibly because I am a good looking guy) but I have recently been contemplating it to a wide extent.

Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Viable? Oh jeez

Dude it's fine. Especially since you're white so you'll have a better chance than ethnics as white girls tend to go for white guys.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter at all. Whether I like you would depend on your character- nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

I have recently made myself conscious of the possibility that my european yugoslavian heritage, might not make me viable for women? I am a 20 year old male and have been beating myself up lately. I had always regarded myself as english, as what else can I be if I have spent the majority of my life here? I only resonate with England and America culturally.

I am currently at a top 20 university studying Economics. I grew up in England from the age of 4.

How much does this matter for women, it has never been a problem thus far and nobody has mentioned it nor said anything (Possibly because I am a good looking guy) but I have recently been contemplating it to a wide extent.

Any thoughts?
    You're worried they won't like you because of your background?
    I'm sure most girls won't have an issue with where you are from.

ReputationRep:
    Er, race shouldn't make a difference. If she cares what race you are, not worth it.

(Original post by Dani California)
    Er, race shouldn't make a difference. If she cares what race you are, not worth it.
    I'm white.

(Original post by queen-bee)
    You're worried they won't like you because of your background?
    I'm sure most girls won't have an issue with where you are from.
    My heritage is rooted in Croatia, Bosnia and Albania.

Yugoslavia is not held in the greatest light due to the media attention after the numerous of genocide wars in the past twenty five years.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter in the slightest to me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm white.
    Allow me to rephrase, if she cares about your heritage, not worth it.
    If anything it makes people more attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not as handsome as you believe.

Allow me to rephrase, if she cares about your heritage, not worth it.
    If anything it makes people more attractive.
    Haha I totally agree, specifically italian women

It makes no difference whatsoever. Especially since you have been in england since you were five.

(Original post by Precious Illusions)
    Doesn't matter in the slightest to me.
    Does it matter to those around you?

ReputationRep:
    Haha I totally agree, specifically italian women
    I'm half-Italian, haha.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    I'm half-Italian, haha.
    Oh snap! Same here, also my name's Dani

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter. Also truthfully I doubt whether people can tell or will care. British people are generally fairly terrible at gauging heritages/races in my experience. I have had people tell me I look South African when I'm half Italian.

ReputationRep:
    Race does not matter to me in the slightest

ReputationRep:
    Why not find Yugoslavian women?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    Oh snap! Same here, also my name's Dani
    My name isn't Dani, it's Kylie. Dani California is the name of my favourite song.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.