Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

The Trafford Centre/Manchester Curry Mile/Chester Zoo watch

ReputationRep:
    In keeping with the amount of people making Travel threads today

At present the Trafford Centre feels like it could be a Garden of Eden, but I'm told my hopes will be crushed. I haven't been to Chester Zoo since I was 12 and was scared of the bat-cave then. I now hear there's dinosaurs (!) and a bug-cave! As for the curry mile, that's just for culture/om-noms

ReputationRep:
    I love the Trafford Centre. I go about every two months or so. I wouldn't advise you to have high expectations, but it's still a fun day out/has very eye catching features.

Last time I went to Chester Zoo was about two years ago (maybe?). Before that it was about 11 years. From when I was little, I remembered it being a huge, overwhelming place that took hours to get around. Last time I went, me and my friends were quite confused as it took us an hour and a half to get around the entire zoo. The bat cave is amazing! It's probably no where near as scary as you remember from being little. Your eyes adjust quite quickly to the dark and once they have, get a closer look at a bat, they're just cute little furry things. Could not harm you at all. I didn't see the dinosaurs and I don't think the bug cave was open yet, so I can't really tell you about those. But, we went back around, watched some animals for longer. Was a good day. Chester Zoo is great.

As for the curry mile, I live about 20 minutes away from it. I used to live behind it. There's a few good restaurants on there which are amazing and very reasonably priced. There's some shops with beautiful, sparkly Asian dresses in windows which I stare at every day whilst being stuck on the bus in horrendous traffic. But I don't think it's that 'cultural'. There's not much to it. It's over hyped. The whole mile is covered with litter. A lot of front of shops are covered in bird droppings and haven't been cleaned in over five years. Some of the buildings look like they're about to combust at any minute. It's worth a look; it's an experience but it can be a real eye sore at times.

ReputationRep:
    bump a happy thread

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.